Can't connect to internet (time problem?) - unable to get past setup to fix problem

vincewarde

Dec 24, 2021
Hi Everyone!

I am struggling with an Logicom tablet (M bot tab 100) running Android 6. This tablet was unused for a long time and had a VERY dead battery for a long time. When I charged and booted it, it would connect to wifi, but not to the internet. Router, internet connection and everything else on the net checked out – so like an idiot, I decided to do a factory reset. Of course, after this it still will not connect to the internet. Now I cannot complete setup because I cannot connect to the internet.

After doing all this, I figured out that the connection problem is likely due to the wrong time being set. Now, of course, I cannot correct this problem. So, does anyone know of a way to bypass the setup or how to set the time (perhaps from Android recovery)?

Thanks!

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
There should be an option near the bottom left of the screen to skip the WiFi setup. You should then be able to finish setup. You will of course need to set the time manually and none of your apps will be restored. However, once you've completed setup you should be able to turn on the WiFi and, assuming there isn't an issue with the WiFi, sync with the network's time.

If that is successful, then you should be able to set up your Google account on the tablet.

vincewarde

Dec 24, 2021
There should be an option near the bottom left of the screen to skip the WiFi setup. You should then be able to finish setup. You will of course need to set the time manually and none of your apps will be restored. However, once you've completed setup you should be able to turn on the WiFi and, assuming there isn't an issue with the WiFi, sync with the network's time.

If that is successful, then you should be able to set up your Google account on the tablet.

Thanks for your reply! I wish that there was, but the option to skip is in the lower right corner and it's grayed out. nothing else visible in the setup app. Is there anything I could do if I plugged in a USB keyboard?