Can't connect to wireless network after Autonooter 3

zevoman

Mar 30, 2011
I performed a search but to no avail. I have a NC, Autonootered to 3.0. I am having no luck in connecting to a wireless network. Below are the two issues I've run into:

1) I am currently on travel and the hotel I'm at requires you to accept their internet usage terms and conditions from a web browser before they allow you to "connect" to the internet. My NC can see the wireless SSID, connect, but when it tried to Obtain an IP address, I get a popup that informs me it's being routed to a browser and if I'd like to complete the wireless connection setup there. When I click yes, it starts to think, but then dumps me back at choosing a wireless network to connect to. How do I connect to my hotel's wireless network?

2) After trying to do #1 for over an hour, I decided to venture out into the city in search of a free Wi-FI spot. I found one at the local Baskin-Robbins. To confirm the network worked, I first connected with my Motorola Droid and was able to browse the web without a problem. The NC found the network, would connect, but then immediately disconnect - and back and forth it would go. Needless to say, I couldn't do anything online.

Help!

zevoman

Mar 30, 2011
Almost 8 hours later and still no response.... doesn't look promising for me. I guess I'll try putting it all back to stock and start over.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Sorry I can't offer any advice, my wifi works everywhere I've been but I have not tried from a secure hotels wifi. With the NC's modified version of android, there are almost no options to getting to the ssid settings.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
try this - add the power control widget on the home screen, press the airplane switch, let it come fully on, then turn it off, turn on wifi and try it

I performed a search but to no avail. I have a NC, Autonootered to 3.0. I am having no luck in connecting to a wireless network. Below are the two issues I've run into:

1) I am currently on travel and the hotel I'm at requires you to accept their internet usage terms and conditions from a web browser before they allow you to "connect" to the internet. My NC can see the wireless SSID, connect, but when it tried to Obtain an IP address, I get a popup that informs me it's being routed to a browser and if I'd like to complete the wireless connection setup there. When I click yes, it starts to think, but then dumps me back at choosing a wireless network to connect to. How do I connect to my hotel's wireless network?

2) After trying to do #1 for over an hour, I decided to venture out into the city in search of a free Wi-FI spot. I found one at the local Baskin-Robbins. To confirm the network worked, I first connected with my Motorola Droid and was able to browse the web without a problem. The NC found the network, would connect, but then immediately disconnect - and back and forth it would go. Needless to say, I couldn't do anything online.

Help!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Somewhere in this forum is a discussion about wireless access through networks that make you acknowledge or accept terms. As I recall the Nook does not play well with wireless under those conditions but you may be able to adjust settings or use a different browser to overcome that. I haven't had a chance to find the thread so no link. You may want to see if you can find it with the search function.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
It would be great to see the ending of this thread, wouldn' t it?
Gg