Can't get sdcard to mount

tabbycat

Jan 15, 2011
You might try mounting the card. (I'm using Linux on my PC so this may not work on Windows)
USB Debug needs to be ON
Hook up the USB cable from the Kyros to the PC
Look for the USB symbols (2) up in the top status bar on the Kyros
Pull down the status bar and see 2 lines, 1 for internal memory, 1 for SD card (external memory)
Press the External Memory line to get the SD card and confirm the mount
Go back to the PC and can find the SD card (or internal memory) icon on the desktop (it may open automatically)

Good luck.

zeffuri

Jan 19, 2011
RESULT: Bad Hardware - got a new Kyros and this one recognizes the sdcard just fine. But now I can't install Z4root "unable to parse file" or something.

NEW: Updated firmware > installed sdcard > connected to PC > Mounted > copied all files (Z4, recovery, gapps) > Safely Removed from PC > unmounted 'external' from PC > downloaded file manager > turned on USB debugging > turned on allow unknown parties... > go to root of sdcard > see Z4 > select it > click install > then error - unable to parse file

Also tried it by mounting the internal memory and putting Z4 in there > then loading appinstaller.apk > that program could see my term.apk and the file manager I had, but not Z4.

Tried wiping data back to factory image and ran through the whole process again. And still get the same error/problem. Can anyone help?

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Search for the thread ' kyros ships rooted' for a way to do it via adb. z4root is not necessary, just a little less involved.