Can't see notifications anymore from clicking bottom right corner on clock

CuriousKat

Nov 5, 2013
NEW USER... Yesterday I saw a notification icon thing on the bottom right hand corner of my tablet. I have never received notifications before or maybe was blind, so I didn't know what it was. I clicked on it and it was a message from an Instagram user and when I clicked on it, directed me to Instagram and was asked to sign in. However, when I tried to go back to see other notifications even that same Instagram one (by clicking on the clock on the bottom) it just brings up my internet connection info and no more notifications like before. It like they have disappeared and now don't know how to view anymore past notifications. Can someone please help me view all my past notifications if they haven't been deleted? How can I view my notifications? Do I need to be connected to internet, etc?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi CuriousKat, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets.

You only receive notifications when something happens that you should know about like new messages, email, updates etc. When you "take care" of them, like you did for the Instagram message, they go away. AFAIK, there's no way to check old notifications.

It's entirely possible you didn't have any messages prior to the one you noticed or you somehow "took care" of them without knowing it by checking your email etc.

Some notifications like email require an internet connection, because the tablet wouldn't know if you have email or not without checking for it. Others like the status of an anti virus program do not.

Hope that helps.

BTW I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!