car chargers

mikee

May 29, 2011
I just got the tab 2 7.0 a few days ago and I have noticed the galaxy tab 2 is very picky as to what chargers it will actually charge through so I want to know what sort of car chargers will work with it. I plan on using my tab on long car trips but I want to be able to actually charge it. I have a car charger for other devices that is just a usb port that plugs into the 12 v outlet but I don't know if it will work. So I guess my question is what are the requirements for a charger to actually charge the tab 2 7.0. I currently can't test the one I have as I don't have access to a car until christmas when I have to make the long trip back home.

TInman22

May 23, 2013
I just got the tab 2 7.0 a few days ago and I have noticed the galaxy tab 2 is very picky as to what chargers it will actually charge through so I want to know what sort of car chargers will work with it. I plan on using my tab on long car trips but I want to be able to actually charge it. I have a car charger for other devices that is just a usb port that plugs into the 12 v outlet but I don't know if it will work. So I guess my question is what are the requirements for a charger to actually charge the tab 2 7.0. I currently can't test the one I have as I don't have access to a car until christmas when I have to make the long trip back home.

I am interested in getting a charger too. I plan to check Samsung's site first to see if they have one.

Abb0nz

Dec 31, 2010
I have discovered that if you use a USB cable the plug you use in the wall socket has to be suitably rated. I was having trouble until I found that the plug was only rated at 200mA, apparently not enough (not sure what the minimum is).
I now have a 1000mA plug and that works fine.

astherion

Jun 6, 2013
Car charger output must be not less than 1000 mA, better if 2000 mA. But I think possible use cable from tab if you has place in car to put in USB plug.
P.S. If I charge my tab from PC, output is 500 mA, and it charging well (I use special script).

Last edited:

JudyQB

Dec 25, 2013
I use my tablet usb plug with a mini usb charger that I plug into my car charger slot. That has worked will with my tablets and my phones. Look for Mini USB Car Charger Vehicle Power Adapter -