CAUTION BUSYBOX Bricked my tablet

john_tartar

May 3, 2011
A while ago tablet bricked, I had installed universal androot, root explorer and busybox (From Amazon App Market) I wasn't sure why, but it wasn't really bricked, but I have to reflash it via the OTG port.

Since then I upgraded to the Beta4 and all was fine, rooted with universal androot, and root explorer.

But today I installed BusyBox, seemed to go OK.
Turned it off and back on, would not come up.
Same as before InfoTmic screen, they Sylvania, then it goes black.

giveen

Jan 11, 2011
Have you done the three finger recovery?

Also there is a very of busybox already installed in the system.

john_tartar

May 3, 2011
Have you done the three finger recovery?
Also there is a very of busybox already installed in the system.

There was no other version of busybox installed, but it was rooted (using universal androot)
3 finger recovery didn't work, ...... no system image found.

But I was able to reload the Beta_4 version using the OTG cable method

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
There was no other version of busybox installed, but it was rooted (using universal androot)
3 finger recovery didn't work, ...... no system image found.

But I was able to reload the Beta_4 version using the OTG cable method

An inspection of the extracted system.img (picture below) from the 11.2.1.5.2.0_beta4.ius update file, shows busybox in the /system/bin folder, so it should have been installed with that update.

$busybox.JPG

However, the manual method to update Busybox posted in the http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...tom-sylvania-rom-development-5.html#post93871 thread installs it in /system/xbin with specific permissions to allow it to execute. It may be another one of the issues with these beta updates.

Caution: Many of the commands in /system/bin and /system/xbin can be run with root permissions.

Last edited: