cetain apk's don't install

golferbk

Oct 25, 2010
I have enough memory to install apks, but 2 donot install. They ware winamp and the new yahoo mail. does anyone have any ideas why and a cure.

Last edited:

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
This could happen because your tablet isn't capable of running the apps or the apps are capable of running on your tablet

hoben02

Nov 10, 2010
what makes you think the yahoo mail did not install. is there an error message that you get. for example on the zenithink zt-180 i get error message 17 for yelp

golferbk

Oct 25, 2010
what makes you think the yahoo mail did not install. is there an error message that you get. for example on the zenithink zt-180 i get error message 17 for yelp
]I get an error message, installed failed with smething else that I cannot read.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Be sure you have the right version. Sometimes it is better to try an older version. I do not know what Android version you have, but some versions are only compatible with 2.2 or 2.1.
If you install the older version and it works, it is version compatibility.

golferbk

Oct 25, 2010
the version is 2.o. Wouldn't the apk install and not execute. I have had that happen. I was trying to install the nex yahoo mail and the winamp applications.
thanks for your reply.

taylork1

Nov 25, 2010
im having the same problem with the yahoo mail app. Says there's a mandatory update but then fails on the install. I get alerts and can read the new mail if opened from the alert, but cantlaunch the app. Viewsonic gtablet / 1day old.