Charging Battery Issues

run_rabbit55

Jan 3, 2013
Hi all,
i was recently given a "double power td-1010 10.1" for my daughters christmas present. The tablet works fine and seems really good value for money. the tablet was purchased in the US and i live in the uk so i know there are some slight issues with plugs etc.
I purchased a converter to allow me to use the US two pin charger here in the uk.
trouble is the tablet doesnt seem to be charging properly as the percentage bar will not rise even though it recognises its charging.
I dont know what to do and dont want to upset my daughter.
i am guessing for what evere the reason theres not enough power going in to the tablet??

Last edited:

Rowdyeh

Oct 16, 2012
Hi Run_rabbit55. US Voltage range is usually 110 -120 volts 60hz. UK Voltage is usually 240 - 250 volts 50 hz. Have you purchased a transformer to compensate for this voltage difference or are you just using an international converter plug and the same transformer as supplied in the US? If so then you should buy a transformer that suits the voltage in the UK or you might actually damage the transformer and the tablet as well. You should be able to source an appropriate transformer for that purpose, just make sure it matches the voltage output of the US transformer (Typically 5 volts 1 - 2 amps.) You can also in many cases use the USB cable supplied with the tablet to charge from a PC or laptop unless your tablet has a separate charger for this purpose. Charging from a PC or laptop may take longer. There should be some very tiny writing on the supplied power supply which should detail the voltage supplied by that unit.
Hope this helps.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets.

run_rabbit55

Jan 3, 2013
hi all, i purchased a 45w step up converter, but am nowwondering if 45w is enough? how do i work the wattage out of the tablet?

Last edited: