Charging Problem: (Must Be *ON*) Since Downgrading Back To 4.1.2

bfgkatz

Nov 8, 2015
Hello,

I seem to have a problem that it a bit different form the current threads about charging. Several months ago I finally upgraded to the latest OS, only to find that I didn't like it. So, after some digging, found out how to go back to the original 4.1.2. Everything is fine and the Tablet is nice and responsive. BUT, it now seems that the Tablet won't charge when OFF, the screen lights up and the battery drains. When the Tablet is ON, no problem.

I am using the original cable and charger.

Any thoughts?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

It sounds, from your post, that it isn't actually charging properly while on either. That makes me think the charger or cable are suspect.

If that's not the case I have no explanation why it would need to be on in order to charge.

bfgkatz

Nov 8, 2015
It is charging really quite fine when *ON*, even while surfing no problem. In contrast, left "charging" and *OFF* over dinner, when from 25% to 21%. When *OFF*, there is an image of a battery with a timer on it, and the back-light seems to be on full.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Very strange, though it sounds as if you are talking about being in sleep mode rather than powered down. Still strange.

McTRASH692

Oct 17, 2016
Hello,

I seem to have a problem that it a bit different form the current threads about charging. Several months ago I finally upgraded to the latest OS, only to find that I didn't like it. So, after some digging, found out how to go back to the original 4.1.2. Everything is fine and the Tablet is nice and responsive. BUT, it now seems that the Tablet won't charge when OFF, the screen lights up and the battery drains. When the Tablet is ON, no problem.

I am using the original cable and charger.

Any thoughts?

I am having the same problem with mine but mine has run itself completely flat and I have no luck trying to get it to charge, any luck?