Chinese Android Tablet Will Not Boot

mrwonerful

Oct 6, 2011
first the disclaimer- this may not work.here is the link for several firmware updates for these cheap chinese midi's.I am still in the process of trying to get my touchscreen to work.I had the problem with the frozen green man.I first tried melly88 firmware link got the device to load but touch screen was disabled so could not use tablet.I have been trying various firmware up dates with varying degrees of success.Some will load most will cause the unit to update but I still have the frozen touch screen.this link should provide help to someone.have not tried all of the firmware updates yet about half way through. most have updated still searching for the elusive update with working touchscreen.
Fixing Android Tablet Not Booting - Unique Stuff, Tips & Tricks

DarcyRosse

Jan 3, 2012
The ame thing is happening to me. I thought I was saving money by only paying $85 for an Android2.3 Yes it is a Chinese 7 in tablet. It worked fine for acouple of days..then nothing..just stops on whatever screen was showing. I couldn't even turn it off,I had to wait til the battery went dead. OK so now I plugged the charger back in thinking it would magically fix itself(does happen) the welcome screen comes on but it stays at 0 charge. nada frustrating. but ever an optimist I will find an answer here..or some where. I got a couple suggestions here and will try them first.

sim one

May 19, 2011
I am having a similar problem with my tablet. A friend got it from overseas. the only thing they gave me was the booklet and the 7 inch tablet. The only identifying bit the booklet has is MID and the tablet itself has a sticker with the number M708.I did not get a chance to write down the kernel and other specs for it but I do remember seeing that it had Android 20.0 for the firmware. I am assuming that is 2.0? I have a red light when it is plugged in and the device has been charged for several hours. I think i may have tried to change/update the firmware when i first got it last summer but not sure exactly what it was now. At first it would start up but would not get past loading after the green android robot went away. someone said to try this.... http://uploading.com...49/firmware.rar ...someone thought it might be a via8505?.during the course of trying this I had a rolling black screen that looked like it had rainbow flecks. now it wont even turn on anymore. It still has the red light when plugged in nothing when unplugged. normally green instead of blue light. tried looking for other possible links to correct firmware but i just dont know what type of tablet this really is other than the info given.

Last edited:

nicolaslavin

Jan 11, 2012
Hi, I follow the instructions with the file on rapidshare and it works, but i can´t use the touch screen, Is there any way to find the driver? All the info that I have on my tablet is the description of ebay:"
New 7" Android 2.2 ePad WiFi 256MB Flash Camera Tablet" Hope someone could help me.

Thanks

sim one

May 19, 2011
Hi, I follow the instructions with the file on rapidshare and it works, but i can´t use the touch screen, Is there any way to find the driver? All the info that I have on my tablet is the description of ebay:"
New 7" Android 2.2 ePad WiFi 256MB Flash Camera Tablet" Hope someone could help me.

Thanks

dont know if this will help but i came across this page when looking for firmware for my bricked MID M708 tablet although i think i have a diff tab than you.

Fixing Android Tablet Not Booting - Unique Stuff, Tips & Tricks i think it mentions opening the a part of the file in notepad and changing a few things. ask around before trying this though. i have not tried it and i am a newbie on here as well

sand

Feb 26, 2012
Hi Alan,

i'm new to this forum and is experiencing the same problem like the others.
The tablet screen stuck at the green android robot and couldn't boot.
I had read through the threads and all the links provided are no longer valid.
Can you help ? The specs are :

Specifications:​
CPU​
VIA 8650, 800MHz​
Operation System​
Android 2.2​
RAM​
256MB​
NAND Flash​
2GB​
Shell Material​
Plastic​
Screen​
Size​
7 Inch​
Type​
Resistive Screen​
Display​
TFT​
Resolution​
800 x 480px
Visible Angle​
120°​
Extend Card​
Support TF card up to 16GB extended​
Camera​
0.3 Megapixel​
Battery capacity​
1800mAh (2-3hours)​
Video​
AVI/MOV/MP4/RMVB/FLV/MKV…​
Music​
MP3/WMA/WAV/APE/AAC/FLAC/OGG​
Ebook​
UMD, TXT, PDF, HTML, RTF, FB2…​
Skype​
Yes​
GPS​
No​
Email and Browser​
Yes, built in​
WIFI​
Yes, 802.11 b/g​
3G​
Support​
Earphone Interface​
3.5mm​
Language​
Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Spanish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish, Turkish, Chinese​
Other Applications​
OfficeSuite, Google Search, Task Manager, Browser, Gallery, Android Webkit, Clock, Calculator, Calendar, iReader, Gmail…​
Product Size​
199 x 128 x 15mm​
Product Weight​
384g​
Extend Port​
1 x 3.5mm port​
1 x 30pin port​
1 x TF card port​

Thanks in advance,Alan !

sand

Feb 26, 2012
problems with ANDROID 1.6 TABLET 7" WMT2.1.2_105 (MID or Apad)

- Freezes after the "Loading" message during the boot.
- The android system loading and after few seconds the display turn off and don't work nothing.
- Touchscreen does not responding/does not working.
- When upgrade the system of your Android Tablet see message:
"Udisk not found (/dev/sda)
Failed Upgrading filesystem. Exit!"
- Or you just want to reset your Android Tablet

I have the same problems with my Android Tablet and finally after several attempts
find this patch:

https://rapidshare.com/files/3675403255/2.0188_99.rar

So, when you download it you must unzip it
(
you can unzip it with WinZip which you can here download at free trial mode:
Download WinZip®
)

When you unzip it you will see folder with name "2.0188".
Open this folder and you will see folder with name "script",
copy the folder "script" in your micro SD/TF memory card which you will put in your Android Tablet
(ATTENTION: Memory card must be TOTALLY empty!).

1.Connect your Android Tablet with charger.
2.Make sure the tablet is off!
3.Put memory card in your Android Tablet.
4.Turn on the tablet.
5.Now it will update do not interrupt this it can take 5 min.
6.Wait until the tablet says remove memory card.
7.When you remove the memory card the device will OFF.
8.Activate your device and you will be ready to use it again!
(ATTENTION: If you want to use the same memory card in your device you must delete the folder with name "script" from it -
Copy the folder "script" in your PC if you want again reset your Android Tablet).

Hi "The Man" ...the link for the file is not working.
Do you have any other files to save my cheap chinese tablet :(

cindy99

Mar 12, 2012
ok has anyone figured out a way to make the touch screen for the MID tablet work? I had the frozen android screen and used the https://rapidshare.com/files/3675403255/2.0188_99.rar and that unfroze the screen and gets me to my main screen. I am able to use the keyboard for somethings but still need the touch screen to work. Please help! and by the way I am really not very good with this side of computers so please keep instructions simple if you can. Thank you! cindy

mbonez

Apr 29, 2012
Hello everyone.
Please, how can i locate a download link for the firmware and/or ROM of my tablet PC with my tablet's FCC. Its not booting and needs to be flashed...
The FCC is A710HJW120209051. thanks

westley2011

Sep 12, 2012
hi man the link is good just use software jdownloader to download it easy! you have just to copy the link and jdownloader will do all for you!