CMP738b Is there a clean dump of this?

FoxboyJT

Oct 6, 2011
I accidentally didn't think about it when flashing, I didn't know there was a difference between a and b, and now my tablet is semi-bricked. Are there any clean, or rooted dumps of CMP378b yet?

dilligaf

Oct 4, 2011
New to the forums, been lurking for a few days. I tried to get a clean backup, but I was unable to root using the tools for model 238a. I'm guessing we just have to be patient until more of these tablets get out there

micbronto

Nov 28, 2011
New to the forums, been lurking for a few days. I tried to get a clean backup, but I was unable to root using the tools for model 238a. I'm guessing we just have to be patient until more of these tablets get out there
...... yeah.. nobody really has this yet, but hopefully somebody over @ xda will get their paws on one, and give us some light soon!

m3red

Oct 19, 2011
You can use the 2.2.1 Google OS from Craigs web site. It will be under the CMP738A. It should fix the problem. The OS is the same for the A and B for Google Android 2.2.1 or just wait until someone comes out with a good root for it.

vdubbus77

Nov 29, 2011
Original CMP738B rom dumped from Tablet.

Flush's 2.2.1 rom with CMP738B Files. Rooted working market Shad's 2.1 Rooted rom for CMP738A with 738B files. Also working Market. This is for 738B also.

Only tested with my Tablet.

If you have already bricked your tablet by all means try these.

Last edited:

DJ_

Dec 6, 2011
CraigCMP738BOrigRom.img Original CMP738B rom dumped from Tablet.

CraigCMP738BFlushs.img Flush's 2.2.1 rom with CMP738B Files. Rooted working market.

CMP738brootedROM.img 2.1 Rooted rom for CMP738A with 738B files.

Only tested with my Tablet.

If you have already bricked your tablet by all means try these.

THANK YOU!!! . I downloaded the "Flushs.imp", renamed it to "update.img", put it on an sd card, inserted the card, powered on and the Craig did the rest. All worked gr8 on my CMP738b. I now have market working. Now I have a tablet worth keeping. Once again Thank you.

dryce

Dec 6, 2011
THANK YOU!!! . I downloaded the "Flushs.imp", renamed it to "update.img", put it on an sd card, inserted the card, powered on and the Craig did the rest. All worked gr8 on my CMP738b. I now have market working. Now I have a tablet worth keeping. Once again Thank you.

EDIT Nevermind. I should have looked more closely first. Sorry.

Last edited:

iMack

Dec 7, 2011
So I've been looking around the web for a rom for this tablet and reading some of the other threads in this forum, you guys (generally) seem to know what's up when it comes to putting different roms on it. I was wondering if someone could help/coach a newbie through the process for this so I don't screw up along the way. I got the basics from DJ_'s post but I want to know if there's more to it than that.

Thanks. I had the feeling this tablet had a lot of untapped potential.

DJ_

Dec 6, 2011
Understand your concern, I had the same, especially after watching some of videos and having to hold down buttons or all would be lost. That is not the case with this upgrade.
1. Just download this file on your computer: CraigCMP738BFlushs.img Flush's 2.2.1 rom with CMP738B Files. Rooted working market. (link in a note above).
2. Rename the file on the computer to "upgrade.img"
3. Copy this file to a mini SD card
4. With the Craig off, insert the card and turn on the Craig.
5. The Craig will see the upgrade during the boot and then ask you several questions. I either said yes or accept to the questions.
6. I then went and completed the upgrade. No button pushing!
7. It will reboot with the new root and market. All should be good.

The only caution I would mention is to either have a fully charged tablet before starting or have it plugged in because the process takes some time.
Again, I did this on a Craig 738b.

hope this helps.

DJ_

Dec 6, 2011
I failed to mention that when the new root is booted, you will asked if you want the traditional or the Zeng (not sure of the spelling since I have already wrapped the table for a present). I picked the Zeng (you can go back and change it). this way you have a clean home screen with icons off to the right side. You can move icons on and off the right bar.
Just want to give you all the information I experienced.

rbinc

Dec 7, 2011
I failed to mention that when the new root is booted, you will asked if you want the traditional or the Zeng (not sure of the spelling since I have already wrapped the table for a present). I picked the Zeng (you can go back and change it). this way you have a clean home screen with icons off to the right side. You can move icons on and off the right bar.
Just want to give you all the information I experienced.

Thanks! I notice in your first post you said to rename the file "Upgrade.img" and in your next you said "Update.img". Which is correct or does it matter?

And this roots with AM installed but changes nothing else?

m3red

Oct 19, 2011
I'm about to install it on my CMP738B.. I'll post a update once its done.

Just finished installing it. It looks good and runs faster. Rename the file to update.img when using Flushs.img.

Last edited: