Please read before flashing roms!!!!!!

vdubbus77

Nov 29, 2011
Meep, I think you got it. Successful flash from SD "error" on my wifi because of wrong driver as expected. Now we just need someone with the wifi "error" to give this a shot.

meepinator

Jan 1, 2012
Glad to hear that it works, hopefully this will the be what's needed to repair all those error-ed tablets. Any idea when you might have a rooted version of this ROM ready? Or even better yet, could you suggest how/where I could get started in getting this ROM rooted myself? I'm more than willing to try, no matter how complicated it may be, just not sure where to go to get started.

vdubbus77

Nov 29, 2011
Glad to hear that it works, hopefully this will the be what's needed to repair all those error-ed tablets. Any idea when you might have a rooted version of this ROM ready? Or even better yet, could you suggest how/where I could get started in getting this ROM rooted myself? I'm more than willing to try, no matter how complicated it may be, just not sure where to go to get started.
I am actually working on the Rooted Rom now. However until I see that people are having success restoring wifi on the "error" tablets, I won't put it up. I need some verification first.

Ok Rom is done.

Last edited:

jda78

Dec 29, 2011
Confirmation that this has repaired the WIFI error on my cmp738b. Full connection has been restored. Note: security guard app is popping up all kinds of "dangerous" notifications. This does not seem to be affecting anything, though. Now, I'm waiting on the hopeful rooted ROM. :) Thank you, GREATLY!

vdubbus77

Nov 29, 2011
Confirmation that this has repaired the WIFI error on my cmp738b. Full connection has been restored. Note: security guard app is popping up all kinds of "dangerous" notifications. This does not seem to be affecting anything, though. Now, I'm waiting on the hopeful rooted ROM. :) Thank you, GREATLY!

Security Guard is always showing that stuff. Even Amazon is Dangerous.

KendraPlanet

Dec 17, 2011
Wow at the progress you guys are making.

Mine does not have the 8188 at the end of the last line of the OS info via Security Guard.

Worked all day and not fully processing what I'm reading at the moment/what I'd need to do but I'm willing to be a guinea pig and run a test tomorrow.

vdubbus77

Nov 29, 2011
Wow at the progress you guys are making.

Mine does not have the 8188 at the end of the last line of the OS info via Security Guard.

Worked all day and not fully processing what I'm reading at the moment/what I'd need to do but I'm willing to be a guinea pig and run a test tomorrow.

If you Flashed a rom and your wifi doesn't work than the 8188 at the end would have been overwritten. This is just a way to tell what rom you need before you "error" the wifi. If you have an "error" wifi flash the rom Meepinator posted. It should repair the wifi and add the 8188 at the end. It will return the tablet to stock. A rooted Rom is already finished Meep is testing it.

jda78

Dec 29, 2011
Received two units and they had different AC charging adapters. The way I see it, there must be two production lines with different suppliers or they went cheaper on parts.

jcasterline

Jan 1, 2012
You cant be entirely mad at Craig, or whoever they outsourced it from. It seems that one of those wifi chip makers couldnt be found. They might have went out of business. The rest of the tablet seems great, especially for under $100.
Is it possible to make one universal image, and include both wifi drivers?
Instead of Craig offering an update on their site, maybe they should hold a contest to all of the hackers out here. Use the 'best of the best' image, & award some money, or even another tablet...