CMP773 Battery Not Charging

MPHopcroft

Mar 26, 2016
I picked up a demo model CMP773 a while back to mainly be used to read PDFs (the big screen would ideally help with that). But the battery does not seem to want to charge. When I plug it into a charger and hold down the power button I get a battery with a RED lightning bolt through it even if it's been plugged in an entire day. The battery and the tablet will not switch on when unplugged (not surprising!). The battery appears to have been completely drained.

I didn't pay a lot for this tablet, so the consequnces of it being bricked are more to my ego than anything else. (It did work when I bought it for the first few hours). Still, it would be nice if I could get it to work. Is it possible to swap out the battery if it comes down to it? (Not that I'm likely to do it, mind you, as it would probably be double the price of the tablet, but it would be nice to know it if were possible.) Alternatively, is there another model that will do the same job?

PitCarver

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 9, 2014
Welcome - ATF (2)~01.jpg

Before you consider opening up your tablet, try changing it with a running PC, for several hours. The slower charge may be what you need...