Coby 7015 link2sd, ext2 partition not found

emmerick

Mar 14, 2011
Yes I used gParted so I didn't assign any drive letter or anything :p I made a backup of the sdcard first because for some reason gparted wasn't even seeing the original partition. Had to create a new partition table. Created two primary FAT32 and then put my data back on first partition.
That's exactly what I do now friend, windowns not quite understand not the Android / Linux. I've made up now I'm running Ubuntu Linux live CD to do for this test, I think it will work if you ran with the Coby MID7015

juandpineiro

Apr 9, 2011
That's exactly what I do now friend, windowns not quite understand not the Android / Linux. I've made up now I'm running Ubuntu Linux live CD to do for this test, I think it will work if you ran with the Coby MID7015

It MUST work hehe :D I'm using the stock ROM in my Kyros, rooted with gapps and market. Also, you can create a directory in data called sdext2. I think I created it manually so I'm not sure if it is, or can be automatically created by install-recovery.sh. Also, make sure that file is named correctly and has the proper permissions.

emmerick

Mar 14, 2011
I managed to thank you all. I'll put the tutorial friend here with the fix:

- Formatted my SD card using gParted on Linux
- VERY IMPORTANT the partitions must be FAT32 and PRIMARY.
- Check in your PC you can access both partitions of your SD card.
- When you insert the card in your tablet it will not recognize it (That's normal).
- Using Root Explorer or another root file manager create folder /data/sdext2 (required only the first time you installed link2sd) - OBS: Probably the folder data already existed, simply create a folder inside sdext2
- Download the file "install-recovery.sh" found in the link in previous posts and copy it to the NAND of your tablet.
- Using Root Explorer or another root file manager, move "install-recovery.sh" to /system/etc
- VERY IMPORTANT the file will probably be renamed to "install-recovery.sh.bak" (as backup) you have to rename it "install-recovery.sh"
- MOST IMPORTANT give the appropriate permissions to the file as shown:

User R W X
Group R - X
Other - - -

- Reboot, check in settings > storage if your sdcard is mounted, if it is, we're almost there.
- Now, open Link2SD, it should recognize your second sdcard partition. You're done! :D Link the apps you want to the new partition.

promek1

Feb 25, 2011
where can we find the the partition tool for those of us using Windows?
also must you install Link2Sd before you do this tutorial?
does the folder you create and place in the sdext2 need a specific name?

emmerick

Mar 14, 2011
where can we find the the partition tool for those of us using Windows?
also must you install Link2Sd before you do this tutorial?
does the folder you create and place in the sdext2 need a specific name?

For windows - Best Free Partition Manager Freeware for Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP 32 bit & 64 bit. MiniTool Free Partition Manager Software Home Edition.

In my case had already installed the Link2sd

The folder is data/sdext2

Friend just follow the tutorial that works in good. Good luck

Smee

Apr 2, 2011
This worked beautifully on my SD card. The only thing I did different was that I used the MiniTool Partition Wizard to format my SD card card as two primary partitions. I created a 512mb partition. What would really be nice though is if we could use Nand instead. Don't really use it for much. For now, this is great! :)

Smee

promek1

Feb 25, 2011
im surprised this hasn't become a sticky? loading apps from the SD card would be of interest to others on this forum..

promek1

Feb 25, 2011
i created 2 primary partitions using minitools. but my pc only sees 1 how do you see both? on minitools 1 partition shows as E the second as *: when i click on properties it shows as F

Update cannot label as F when i try to label as F it comes back as *:

Last edited:

vanjhelion

Mar 21, 2011
I managed to thank you all. I'll put the tutorial friend here with the fix:

- Formatted my SD card using gParted on Linux
- VERY IMPORTANT the partitions must be FAT32 and PRIMARY.
- Check in your PC you can access both partitions of your SD card.
- When you insert the card in your tablet it will not recognize it (That's normal).
- Using Root Explorer or another root file manager create folder /data/sdext2 (required only the first time you installed link2sd) - OBS: Probably the folder data already existed, simply create a folder inside sdext2
- Download the file "install-recovery.sh" found in the link in previous posts and copy it to the NAND of your tablet.
- Using Root Explorer or another root file manager, move "install-recovery.sh" to /system/etc
- VERY IMPORTANT the file will probably be renamed to "install-recovery.sh.bak" (as backup) you have to rename it "install-recovery.sh"
- MOST IMPORTANT give the appropriate permissions to the file as shown:

User R W X
Group R - X
Other - - -

- Reboot, check in settings > storage if your sdcard is mounted, if it is, we're almost there.
- Now, open Link2SD, it should recognize your second sdcard partition. You're done! :D Link the apps you want to the new partition.

Very Nice Friend! I will try this out! By the way which partition will be /sdcard and /data/sdext2?

vanjhelion

Mar 21, 2011
i created 2 primary partitions using minitools. but my pc only sees 1 how do you see both? on minitools 1 partition shows as E the second as *: when i click on properties it shows as F

Update cannot label as F when i try to label as F it comes back as *:

Same behavior for me, but just go on with the steps. I did successfully installed this. Guess its a windows limitation.

However, I can no longer mount the sd card via USB through Kyros. If I did it will no longer mount back to the kyros so I need to reboot again for the SDcard to be able it to get detected.

Maybe a manual script may do? Guys thoughts on this?

Also can you please try to insert some USB flashdrive/devices(keyboard). It seems also not working and it also makes my SD card unmounted with no chance to remount unless I reboot.

Last edited:

emmerick

Mar 14, 2011
Hello friends I have a question? If for example I buy another memory card and want to transfer everything larger of the two partitions of the memory card in this table as I do not have problem with Link2sd? Another question how to make a backup of both partitions? Thanks

juandpineiro

Apr 9, 2011
Same behavior for me, but just go on with the steps. I did successfully installed this. Guess its a windows limitation.

However, I can no longer mount the sd card via USB through Kyros. If I did it will no longer mount back to the kyros so I need to reboot again for the SDcard to be able it to get detected.

Maybe a manual script may do? Guys thoughts on this?

Also can you please try to insert some USB flashdrive/devices(keyboard). It seems also not working and it also makes my SD card unmounted with no chance to remount unless I reboot.

Yes, I'm pretty sure the problem described is due to a Windows limitation. Not COMPLETELY sure because I didn't even give a try in Windows :p I use Ubuntu and gParted for almost all my partitioning needs.

I also have that issue. Since then I can't mount the sdcard to the pc through the tablet. Have to take out the sdcard and use a card reader. I'm not sure how this can be solved but I'll do some research.

Also, about the other issue, I'm not sure about USB flash drives (will give it a try later) but I can use my mini USB keyboard with no problems.

Hello friends I have a question? If for example I buy another memory card and want to transfer everything larger of the two partitions of the memory card in this table as I do not have problem with Link2sd? Another question how to make a backup of both partitions? Thanks

As mentioned before you probably can't "see" your sdcard in your PC anymore when connected through USB. Use a card reader in the meantime. I'm not sure about Windows but in Linux you should see the two partitions of your sdcard when you insert it in the card reader. Just copy their contents and repeat the partitioning process with your new card, then copy your files to their respective partitions as they were before. Don't worry about the size of partitions. Link2sd should recognize them with no problems.