Coby 7015. multiple issues to do with obtaining apps.

ryladine

Dec 26, 2010
The device came with appslib, my first issue was that the time would not set accurately enough and I was being kicked by their servers whenever the minute changed. (the time still is not right) Now however the app is failing to connect at all, and is even crashing occasionally when I try. (I tried updating the app. could this be the issue and is it possible to undo? and I am fairly sure I did it correctly) I have also applied the update from the COBY website.

I have also tried installing some free apps manually but i have no file manager on the device! (i'm not entirely certain now that I DID manage to update the appslib, and if I did I have no idea how I did it.)

I am unable to connect to android marketplace? to download appsbrain? the install page gives me a 404 error every time.

Also does anyone know if it is possible to upgrade it to android 2.2 so I can use the youtube app that came with it (2.1 does not support flash 10)

Last edited:

BKenney

Dec 10, 2010
No 2.2 support yet. I have in fact gotten Flash 10.1 working on 2.1- more specifically my Kyros MID7015. I actually posted a thread here on how to do it.

Appslib servers are down until they are fixed by Archos. Your device won't connect for that reason. Search around, it's actually a big issue thats being talked about EVERYWHERE!

A good file manager can be installed through AppsLib when the servers come back up.

I strongly suggest you follow the tutorial to root your device and install the Google Marketplace, it's not difficult at all. It opens up so many more options and possibilities! You can access the tutorial here.

If you need help don't be afraid to ask me or anyone else on the forum! Good luck!

Last edited:

ESalt1

Dec 26, 2010
No 2.2 support yet. I have in fact gotten Flash 10.1 working on 2.1- more specifically my Kyros MID7015. I actually posted a thread here on how to do it.

Appslib servers are down until they are fixed by Archos. Your device won't connect for that reason. Search around, it's actually a big issue thats being talked about EVERYWHERE!

A good file manager can be installed through AppsLib when the servers come back up.

I strongly suggest you follow the tutorial to root your device and install the Google Marketplace, it's not difficult at all. It opens up so many more options and possibilities! You can access the tutorial here.

If you need help don't be afraid to ask me or anyone else on the forum! Good luck!

Do you need to have File Manager installed before you can root the device?

digdeep

Dec 11, 2010
Yes but you can get alternate markets And then file manager through browser.
Slideme.org or search for
Andappstore

Sent from my MID7005 using Android Tablet Forum App

BKenney

Dec 10, 2010
Do you need to have File Manager installed before you can root the device?

You can root the device without a file manager, but in order to take full advantage of a rooted device you will need a file manager installed. You can install a file manager/browser through appslib or through a browser on a PC.

Sent from my MID7015 using Android Tablet Forum App

digdeep

Dec 11, 2010
As far as I know appslib is still dead that's why I suggested Alternate app market
I have root clockwork mod and Google experience installed on my 7005 now

Sent from my MID7005 using Android Tablet Forum App

B24

Dec 29, 2010
Hello All,
Happy New Year.
Wonder, if anyone has a solution for Coby Kyros MID7015: You tube doesn't work at all. I get an error: sysdev application stop working. Please help to resolve the problem.
Thanks
[email protected]

BKenney

Dec 10, 2010
Hello All,
Happy New Year.
Wonder, if anyone has a solution for Coby Kyros MID7015: You tube doesn't work at all. I get an error: sysdev application stop working. Please help to resolve the problem.
Thanks
[email protected]

Hey B24, I've noticed that sometimes the device won't play certain types of videos on Youtube. My guess would be that it has something to do with the file format or audio/video stream. I'm not 100% certain this is the case, but as I said I'm making a guess based off personal experience. ;)

Do you seem to have the problem with ALL Youtube videos or just some? I will try to duplicate the error and see if I can't find a fix or figure out whats wrong on my end.

B24

Dec 29, 2010
Thanks for your prompt response. It has the problems playing all the you tube videos as well as any live streaming videos.
:(

BKenney

Dec 10, 2010
This is a stupid question but, are you sure the wi-fi is on and you are connected to the internet?

Did you try a factory reset? You can do so by turning the device off and holding the back and menu buttons simultaneously while powering on. When the triangle and android logo appears hit the back button once and then choose factory reset in the menu.

(Menu button is down and the home button is up)

Sent from my MID7015 using Android Tablet Forum App

B24

Dec 29, 2010
I tried over 10 times re-setting the device. And when I try to do back and power button together...it ONLY takes me to the screen where its written factory reset / update from sd card etc but the triangle never shows...that coby has shown in the video.

B24

Dec 29, 2010
I tried over 10 times re-setting the device. And when I try to do back and power button together...it ONLY takes me to the screen where its written factory reset / update from sd card etc but the triangle never shows...that coby has shown in the video.

I get the following error:
Sorry
The application sysdev (process com.google.android.youtube) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.