Coby Kyros 7015 Maximum Micro SD Size

Fuzion

Dec 26, 2010
Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forums and wanted to post a question.
What is the maximum micro SD card that one has been able to put into the Coby Kyros 7015?
I know the spec lists 16gb max, but was wondering if anyone tried a 32gb one and was it able to work?

Thanks,
Fuzion

BKenney

Dec 10, 2010
I'm wondering the same. My PSP actually said it only supported 16GB but I def have a 32GB card installed. I have had several phones in the past that worked with larger amounts than listed. Personally I don't have a 32GB microSD card anywhere and I don't want to spend the money if it won't work so...

RedDawn289

Dec 30, 2010
Has anyone tried this yet? I only have an 8gb in there now but would love to know if the 32gb works. -Thanks-

ethiele

Feb 9, 2011
I purchades a32G sd card at $35 in a special sale, installed on my kyros but it only recognises 12g + 4G on the machine for a total of 16G.

britsoft

Feb 13, 2011
Coby's website states the SD slot max is 16 gig. I have seen on several reseller sites they think the size is 32 gig. Apparently it is up for debate. But then there are other problems with the information on this device. Coby says there is a full sized USB connector, I can not find one. They also say it has a polymer battery but the device itself says the battery is Ion, a significant difference. I am returning mine and will not buy Coby products, they are apparently very comfortible at misrepresenting their products. ....Bob

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
The full size usb connector is the short cable that came with the device.

billquinn1

Dec 16, 2010
From the Coby website:
Battery Type Rechargeable Li-poly battery
This is a Lithium-ion polymer battery.
Your mileage will vary on the sdcard thing. I'm pretty sure 16 is max but if you own a 32... slap it in there.
L_n already pointed out the connector thing. Its actually pretty cool. Plug in the connector and plug a keyboard into that. You'll be impressed.
One more thing. IT COST A BUCK FIFTY! Sorry. I apologize for screaming. I'ts not like me.

fxdominicano

Feb 4, 2011
R
Coby's website states the SD slot max is 16 gig. I have seen on several reseller sites they think the size is 32 gig. Apparently it is up for debate. But then there are other problems with the information on this device. Coby says there is a full sized USB connector, I can not find one. They also say it has a polymer battery but the device itself says the battery is Ion, a significant difference. I am returning mine and will not buy Coby products, they are apparently very comfortible at misrepresenting their products. ....Bob

Read well cause I think you are reading Coby Kyros 7005 manual that is 32gb Android the same with the battery. I'mso happy with mine. Worth more than what it cost.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
SDCARD specs are the same on as the Gome Flytouch1 Epad max is 16GB so LonPad who makes the GPad (aka Coby Kyros MID7015-4G) limited is 16GB.