Coby Kyros 7015 upgraded to Honeycomb - PROBLEMS :)

Cuteepatootee

Sep 30, 2011
Hi I just bought this unit already upgraded to Android 3.2. Seems as if the upgrade is from a HTC Flyer. SO when I try to upload any apps from the Android Marketplace I am constantly being told that this phone is not compatible with this app. The Flyer is a tablet so I don't understand the problem! Is there ANY work around in getting apps and putting them on this tablet any other way? This is so frustrating. I love the unit and the size but totally frustrated with doing anything with it!:(
AND I don't know where to go to read about this, the Kyros 7015 or the HTC Flyer? :)

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Cutee, welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear you're having problems already with your new tablet. IMHO the best place to go for help would be the Coby Tablets section, so I'm moving your post over there right now. Someone there should be able to help. Good luck.

mrbean1957

Mar 28, 2011
I have found when I try to get stuff off the market via my PC account with my 7015a, 3/4 of the stuff is shown not compatible... But with my tablet, nearly everything works. But I'm not running Honeycomb either.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I have found when I try to get stuff off the market via my PC account with my 7015a, 3/4 of the stuff is shown not compatible... But with my tablet, nearly everything works. But I'm not running Honeycomb either.

Probably you have an old Market version (2.x) installed in your tablet. If you go to the latest version, it will block content when using the tablet too, but it seems that changing LCD density to 160 allows you to download almost everything, including from your computer browser. I've tested this with a MID1024 Froyo-2.2. See other threads about Market elsewhere for more info.