Coby Kyros 8048 Dump

LordBaal

Apr 3, 2014
Ok, finally got my hands on my tablet again. I'll make the dump and upload it again, this time in media fire and I'll be sure to keep a backup on my pc.

LordBaal

Apr 3, 2014
I'll use both of them. Mega us great and all but it seems too trigger happy when it comes to delete files. Uploading the dump now. It's weird but this dump is about 281 MB in size, different than the 299 I took the first time. The tablet is fully functional so I guess it should work just fine. Perhaps the change could be the version of winrar I compress it back then and the one I use now?

EDIT: Done, uploaded again both in MediaFire and MEGA. Also I'll keep a copy on my computer just in case. I hope it can help somebody.
8048 dump.zip (281.3 MB MB) - MEGA
8048 dump.zip (281.3 MB MB) - MediaFire

Links also on the first post.

Last edited:

kryptonic16

Jul 26, 2018
Ok, here's the issue I have a Coby Kyros 8048 for a while now, and after I rooted the first time it keep deleting the obb file after restarting (ie running out of battery or powering off manually), so games that need a folder there keep asking to download everything from there.

After like a year (today) I decided it was enough so I installed both 8048_recovery_signed and 8048t1_root_gapps_signed.zip from Vampirefo thread. But even after that the tablet keep erasing the obb folder. I stupidly went to the recovery mod and formated:
/boot
/cache
/data
/sdcard
/nand
/system

And now it doesn't boot the system, but it does boot the recovery mod perfectly. I read about a missing dump for the model or something so the table is unrecoverable because no one ever uploaded such thing.

NOW the hope I have, I have another tablet exactly like that fully operational (a friend and I bought them at the same time). Now, it is possible to take the dump or whatever from that one and use it to fix mine? Please help, I'm really desperate.

EDIT: Now the dump for the Coby Kyros 8048 here for all to use and fix their tablets (if possible)
EDIT 2: the old link died so I uploaded it again, twice this time. And I'll keep a copy on my pc just in case. If anyone need this and the links are down pm me or post in this thread.
8048 dump.zip (281.3 MB MB) - MEGA
8048 dump.zip (281.3 MB MB) - MediaFire

sir both of the download link are encountering error. can I have a new download link? it will be a big help for me fixing my coby kyros MID8048.

I fixed it using cwm and signed file I found in other forum. but the problem is wifi is not working.

maybe yourr uploaded file can help me fix my tablet.

thank you and God bless sir

LordBaal

Apr 3, 2014
sir both of the download link are encountering error. can I have a new download link? it will be a big help for me fixing my coby kyros MID8048.

I fixed it using cwm and signed file I found in other forum. but the problem is wifi is not working.

maybe yourr uploaded file can help me fix my tablet.

thank you and God bless sir
I answered via PM your request. If you still need this, reply back either by PM or here.