Coby Kyros MID7048 Stuck at Coby Screen

xintell

Jan 13, 2013
well I need help to fix this coby kyros mid7048

PROBLEMS:
first problem, apps can't detect my sdcard but I can open the files of sd card on ES explorer
second problem, while trying to fix the first problem ( editing vold.stab ) I got stucked at coby screen

possibly the main reason of the second problem, on the cwm recovery of ciby 8048 ( using 8048 since I can't find any 7048 ) it says that I can't mount NAND in the mounts and storage section

please help. thanks alot

for those who have the same problem on vold.fstab and wondering how i fixed it.

i used this

adb shell

rm -r /system/etc/vold.fstab

mv /system/etc/vold.fstab.bak /system/etc/vold.fstab

and to access the adb, just download the file in this link
http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

thanks for all the help

Last edited:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Well...you really messed things up.

Coby tablets with the Telechips CPU are apparently very sensitive to having vold.fstab edited. As a result, people here generally warn against editing that file when a Telechips CPU is involved. The recovery is the other issue, as you guessed. The hardware is different between the 7048 and 8048, thus doing what you did can and probably will lead to unpredictable results.

As to fixing it, there is supposed to be a method to get you back to stock. Look for it in Vampirefo's root thread for you device. If that doesn't work, you will need to exchange your tablet for another one.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
well I need help to fix this coby kyros mid7048

PROBLEMS:
first problem, apps can't detect my sdcard but I can open the files of sd card on ES explorer
second problem, while trying to fix the first problem ( editing vold.stab ) I got stucked at coby screen

possibly the main reason of the second problem, on the cwm recovery of ciby 8048 ( using 8048 since I can't find any 7048 ) it says that I can't mount NAND in the mounts and storage section

please help. thanks alot

the recovery is correct, the 7048 and 8048 use the same recovery.

recovery can't mount nand cause you damaged your nand by editing the vold.fstab, i have posted several times NOT to mess with the vold.fstab or build.prop on telechips tablets. But people still do, there is no fix for this, well there is but requires Linux, seeing most people don't use or understand Linux, easier just to say no fix.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Ok after thinking about it a while we might be able to force format nand from adb in recovery mode. This is in theory never tested, I just made it up LOL, I did just now run some tests on other androids and it works, I no longer have a telechips to test.

Upside most likely will fix nand problem.
Downside if fails tablet is toast.

xintell

Jan 13, 2013
Ok after thinking about it a while we might be able to force format nand from adb in recovery mode. This is in theory never tested, I just made it up LOL, I did just now run some tests on other androids and it works, I no longer have a telechips to test.

Upside most likely will fix nand problem.
Downside if fails tablet is toast.

well I almost tried everything and none of them worked... I was thinking if is there a ways to force update the vold.stab file through the recovery console? or can we exchange the vold.stab.bak to vold.stab?

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
well I almost tried everything and none of them worked... I was thinking if is there a ways to force update the vold.stab file through the recovery console? or can we exchange the vold.stab.bak to vold.stab?

adb shell

xintell

Jan 13, 2013
well i have no idea where or how to console so would you mind giving me an instruction or a link on how to do that? i don't know what is it called so i don't know how to search for it

Last edited:

xintell

Jan 13, 2013
for those who have the same problem on vold.fstab and wondering how i fixed it.

i used this

adb shell

and to access the adb, just download the file in this link
http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

thanks for all the help

Last edited:

barbie777

Jan 16, 2013
the recovery is correct, the 7048 and 8048 use the same recovery.

recovery can't mount nand cause you damaged your nand by editing the vold.fstab, i have posted several times NOT to mess with the vold.fstab or build.prop on telechips tablets. But people still do, there is no fix for this, well there is but requires Linux, seeing most people don't use or understand Linux, easier just to say no fix.

can i anyone give me the original copy of vold.fstab for coby kyros mid7048? is there any solution to fix my memory problem? i can't mount both external sd card and internal memory on my tablet. help please. i have read this thread a little bit late.. help.