Coby Kyros Contacts

reliste

Jan 22, 2011
Hi. I have the MID7005 which works fine. But is there any way to put contacts into it? I have a gmail account and if I go online I can use contacts that way, but its easier to send email directly from the device email program. Any thoughts?
Thanks

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Basically you need to insert the APK files associated with those functions. People do say it may have an impact on battery life though.

tabbycat

Jan 15, 2011
I'm having the same problem. I've been poking around the stock email and the K-9 apps, but can't figure out how to get them to store the email addresses from received emails. I may be missing something. Can someone help with this?

Thanks.

reliste

Jan 22, 2011
Basically you need to insert the APK files associated with those functions. People do say it may have an impact on battery life though.

Thanks for that. Where can I find the APK files? Has anyone written a "how-to" on this?
Cheers
Richard

mikeadams68

Jan 11, 2011
download the app touchdown. It will sync email, contacts and calender with Google.

Sent from my MID7015 using Tapatalk

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I suggest downloading an AOSP Eclair ROM off XDA and pulling the files

I think there's Google contacts provider, phone apk, contacts.apk, TelephonyProvider.apk maybe a couple of other files somewhere...

tabbycat

Jan 15, 2011
Thanks. I'll check out those apps.

There's a dot next to the email addresses in both the stock app and K-9. I suspect this is a command to save the address. When I select the dot beside the email address in the stock email or K-9 apps, the app crashes. Anybody know what's up with this?

Last edited: