Coby Kyros MID-7034-4 Root/GAPPS Script

Tehwafflez

Nov 28, 2012
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gqjukh6nhkf5ybu/root.txt this my attempts at rooting my 7036. I found the C error fixed it, but still running into the Are you root? message once it finishes running. Any thoughts?

Hey I also just got myself a 7036 as a gift, is the 7034 root the same thing as the 7036? I just researched them both and found the 7034 is a resistive touch screen and the 7036 is a capacitive screen, they both have the same hardware just different screens right?

I'm going to hold off for now on rooting the device until the script gets updated because I'm not techy enough to solve it on my own :\.

This is me coming from an HTC One V and a Samsung Intercept all from VM and with a big population of devs so going to a small crowd and very little support is kind of frustrating. However, it looks like the device is just new and it will eventually get more things overtime.

fayt210

Nov 28, 2012
I got "more than 1 device and emulator" error, and " 'C' is not recognized as an internal or external command".
I rooted a android phone before, that's probably the reason for one of the error.

Can I get some info on how to fix these problems?

Last edited:

aflat

Nov 28, 2012
no within the root utility filestructure on your pc
mv ../stuff/install/busybox ../stuff/busybox
judging by your screencap you there is another error with in the script

**** here dl this https://www.dropbox.com/s/kbhyntbfddb36qp/RunMe.bat and replace the .bat in you utility directory..... it looks like the c error is because it is supposed to be a shell command but busybox was never pushed.

This batch still throws the C is not found error, it's near the bottom

Code:
:NORMAL
IF %ric% == 1 GOTO RICSTUFF
echo Going to copy files to it's place
[COLOR=#ff0000]C[/COLOR] shell "/data/local/tmp/busybox mount -o remount,rw /system && /data/local/tmp/busybox mv /data/local/tmp/su /system/xbin/su && /data/local/tmp/busybox mv /data/local/tmp/Superuser.apk /system/app/Superuser.apk && /data/local/tmp/busybox cp /data/local/tmp/busybox /system/xbin/busybox && chown 0.0 /system/xbin/su && chmod 06755 /system/xbin/su && chmod 655 /system/app/Superuser.apk && chmod 755 /system/xbin/busybox && rm /data/local.prop && reboot"
GOTO FINISH

Code:
[COLOR=#ff0000]stuff\adb.exe[/COLOR] shell "/data/local/tmp/busybox mount -o remount,rw /system && /data/local/tmp/busybox mv /data/local/tmp/su /system/xbin/su && /data/local/tmp/busybox mv /data/local/tmp/Superuser.apk /system/app/Superuser.apk && /data/local/tmp/busybox cp /data/local/tmp/busybox /system/xbin/busybox && chown 0.0 /system/xbin/su && chmod 06755 /system/xbin/su && chmod 655 /system/app/Superuser.apk && chmod 755 /system/xbin/busybox && rm /data/local.prop && reboot"
GOTO FINISH

I changed this, and rooted a 7036 just fine. I also used it to install gapps. Thanks so much!

DaSnOoTeRKiNG

Nov 26, 2012
This batch still throws the C is not found error, it's near the bottom

Code:
[COLOR=#ff0000]C[/COLOR] shell "/data/local/tmp/busybox mount -o remount,rw /system && /data/local/tmp/busybox mv /data/local/tmp/su /system/xbin/su && /data/local/tmp/busybox mv /data/local/tmp/Superuser.apk /system/app/Superuser.apk && /data/local/tmp/busybox cp /data/local/tmp/busybox /system/xbin/busybox && chown 0.0 /system/xbin/su && chmod 06755 /system/xbin/su && chmod 655 /system/app/Superuser.apk && chmod 755 /system/xbin/busybox && rm /data/local.prop && reboot"
GOTO FINISH

Code:
[COLOR=#ff0000]stuff\adb.exe[/COLOR] shell "/data/local/tmp/busybox mount -o remount,rw /system && /data/local/tmp/busybox mv /data/local/tmp/su /system/xbin/su && /data/local/tmp/busybox mv /data/local/tmp/Superuser.apk /system/app/Superuser.apk && /data/local/tmp/busybox cp /data/local/tmp/busybox /system/xbin/busybox && chown 0.0 /system/xbin/su && chmod 06755 /system/xbin/su && chmod 655 /system/app/Superuser.apk && chmod 755 /system/xbin/busybox && rm /data/local.prop && reboot"
GOTO FINISH

I changed this, and rooted a 7036 just fine. I also used it to install gapps. Thanks so much!

good eye mate, should i share and updated .bat script

#### note have tried all sorts of diff. exploits still havent rooted Kryos Mid8048-04. Starting to believe the chipset cant be rooted.

Last edited:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
You should indeed. Once you do I will add the rooting routines to the root utility. Can you do system dumps now that you guys are properly rooted?

tanllwyth

Nov 25, 2012
i found that error too and fixed it, but Win7 Pro 64-bit using the batch file did not work. how did you get the script to run?

Ragnarok210

Nov 28, 2012
make sure you extract the files to desktop (stuff,Runme.bat, RunMe.sh on desktop), and run RunMe.bat with Administrator (right click and run as administrator)...
I fixed some of my problems, and got a new problem >.>

$root2.png

------updates-----
I turn off window UAC and still asking "are you root?".
At this point I am out of ideas.

------updates again-----
It's completely working!!!
$root3.png

So, in general the only problem is moving some file or permission.
As other had mentioned already, busybox that was in /install folder needs to be in /stuff.
By far this is main one, because as I was reading other posts, I changed some things in .sh script as it suggested, and it caused some problems.
Some one also mention the "1 device and emulator" problem, that's cause by having bluestack installed. Just do disable the two services BlueStacks Android Service and BlueStacks logs Rotator Service, and you're golden...

Currently my google play store is working even though there are some errors when installing gapps...

BIG THANKS!!!

------final updates-------
Never mind, for some reason the errors resolve itself when I tried it again, now it's completely working :D!!!

really BIG THANKS!!! and sorry for long post and my super noobiness.

Last edited:

Ben2hell

Nov 29, 2012
First Post. Thanks everyone for all the great info. I got 3 of these things for my boys and was able to root all three with the "C" error changed and using the second .bat file that was posted. I found that either unpluging the usb after the second reboot allows the tablet in perform its upgrade. Not verified but I wonder if adb is running and preventing it from working while it is connected. I could be way off as well. Also got google play working with out issue.

My next task will be to figure out how to do a system dump if no one has done it yet.

Last edited:

OldTree

Nov 23, 2012
good eye mate, should i share and updated .bat script

#### note have tried all sorts of diff. exploits still havent rooted Kryos Mid8048-04. Starting to believe the chipset cant be rooted.

I was able to root an 8048 using the unlockroot.exe program, so it can be rooted. I then used option 3 of this script to install the Play Store (I couldn't get this script to root the 8048...totally could have been related to something I was doing though.)

Augie

DaSnOoTeRKiNG

Nov 26, 2012
You should indeed. Once you do I will add the rooting routines to the root utility. Can you do system dumps now that you guys are properly rooted?

Ok after being afk I had some time to look over the tools and scripts and get the errors sorted... NOTE all previous links will be dead and this is the complete tool revised https://www.dropbox.com/s/8dc7l2gxsskvcru/MID7034-4%20Root%20GAPPS.zip. As this still doesnt work with the MID8048-8 I'm not rooted but those who have please provide the appropriate dumps as to further the scene.

This thread should help with your dumps
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...mps-coby-generation-3-devices.html#post205970

Last edited:

DaSnOoTeRKiNG

Nov 26, 2012
I was able to root an 8048 using the unlockroot.exe program, so it can be rooted. I then used option 3 of this script to install the Play Store (I couldn't get this script to root the 8048...totally could have been related to something I was doing though.)

Augie

Please mate provide the link ... I for some reason thought I had checked into it and after looking at the internal files saw it said that if ./adb root returns adbd not available in production mode this script will not work... which is what it returns... anyway I only have a LINUX box maybe I should install a windows VM.

PS Im dying to get it rooted :p

OldTree

Nov 23, 2012
Please mate provide the link ... I for some reason thought I had checked into it and after looking at the internal files saw it said that if ./adb root returns adbd not available in production mode this script will not work... which is what it returns... anyway I only have a LINUX box maybe I should install a windows VM.

PS Im dying to get it rooted :p

Here is the thread that referenced the unlockroot program. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum.../49404-looking-help-rooting-coby-mid7048.html It is about halfway down the first page. I did not have to do the manual editing of the inf files. I simply ran the program. Not sure if it matters, but I had already installed the ADB driver (in an attempt to use the script from this current thread.) I used a Win7 box to run the program.

(As mentioned in the referenced thread, the unlockroot program wants to install a lot of other crap on your computer. Fairly annoying, but I was able to successfully uncheck everything.)

DaSnOoTeRKiNG

Nov 26, 2012
Here is the thread that referenced the unlockroot program. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum.../49404-looking-help-rooting-coby-mid7048.html It is about halfway down the first page. I did not have to do the manual editing of the inf files. I simply ran the program. Not sure if it matters, but I had already installed the ADB driver (in an attempt to use the script from this current thread.) I used a Win7 box to run the program.

(As mentioned in the referenced thread, the unlockroot program wants to install a lot of other crap on your computer. Fairly annoying, but I was able to successfully uncheck everything.)

*******errrr installed a vm running w7 same outcome hang on adb... Pretty sure its a driver issue but i followed the directions to a T anyway i had major issues with RSD lite on windows which is why installed ubuntu instead. Either way im jealous as hell. :p saw another thread where a guy said he rooted it using the 7048 method but they really all point to same thread.