Coby Kyros MID145 Stuck at Android Logo

Shacklebolt23

Nov 5, 2013
Can anyone help me with my coby kyros Mid1045-8 it's been stuck @ android Logo For About 3months now ,can't find solutions on how to fix it.. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

JAHSoldi3r

Jun 23, 2014
Coby Kyros MID1045 LiveSuit Image By JAHSoldi3r

Link removed

For internal Storage to work, follow these steps

1) in a linux terminal or a windows cmd shell type "adb shell", then

2) su
3) busybox mkfs.vfat /dev/block/nandi
4) mount -o remount,rw rootfs /
5) mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/nandd /system
6) cd /etc
7) mv vold.fstab vold.fstab.original
8) cat vold.fstab.original | busybox sed -e 's/nandk/nandi/g' > vold.fstab
9) reboot

That's it, your coby kyros will be working fine again!!!
The only drawback is that i haven't put Google Play Store in the image.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

HOW I DID IT

1) downloaded the livesuit image for another A10 tablet with a 10.1" screen.
the Kagon ARgos i believe it was, the image name was KATBL10A16D_lCS4.0.4.img
2) flashed the image as is and got a black screen on reboot, but realized that i finally
had access to the device over adb for the FIRST TIME! ;-D
3) then downloaded Uberizer v1.7.
4) used the Allwinner image unpacker and unpacked the image
5) increased the Data partition size for 2 GB because i have lots of apps for my Droids, close to 300.
6) extracted bootloader.img, boot.img, recovery.img and system.tgz from a ROM dump i downloaded from http://www.androidtablets.net/.
the filename was Coby_Kyros_MID1045-8_dump.zip, uploaded by user named "kavenfradejas". Much Thanks to him!
BLog: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...mware-dumps-coby-generation-3-devices-34.html
File: Coby_Kyros_MID1045-8_dump
7) copied the above files to the Uberizer rom_kitchen\_input directory
8) repacked the Image using the Uberizer Allwinner tools
9) Used Livesuit to flash the image, and
10) VOILA!!!! Tablet booted completely, however, without Internal Storage Mounted.

I then had to experiment with /init.sun4i.rc and /etc/vold.fstab until i got the internal memory working, details posted above.
I didn't update the image because to me that's a backward step of to much work!

It may not seem like much, but it took me a full two weeks, day and night to get this tablet working, most of that time
doing the necessary research, as my only android experience was my Linux experience before i bought this tablet in it's bricked state.

I then sold the tablet for 5 times the price i bought it. I really did like it though!

Last edited by a moderator:

luismon2007

Mar 25, 2015
Has anyone done or found a rom for Coby Kyros mid1045 ?
I noticed that at the beginning of your post it says that a link was removed?
Was it the Rom?

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Did you look in the development subforum at the system dumps available? Using those and the instructions given, you should be able to restore your tablet. Coby never made system images available, and they're out of business. Thus what resources are available here is what you have to work with.

FYI, the link was to a LiveSuite image. Such images are not permitted in the Coby Generation 3 section.