Connecting to PC with USB

BailableOdin

Mar 14, 2012
I cannot get the driver update to work with the drivers from the vizio site... im feeling like an idiot right now!

rdwbld

Mar 15, 2012
New here and to the Tablet world ,I also got the update that would not allow me to see my SD card thru the USB connection on my laptop, once I removed the SD card and connect back thru USB the internal storage on the tablet was seen, Can some help me with getting the SD card recognized so I don't have to take it out every time I want to transfer files from my laptop via the USB port ??

rdwbld

Mar 15, 2012
Here is what I did, I removed the SD card from my Tablet, connected it to the USB and everything showed on the computer, I then shutdown the tablet, disconnected the tablet from the computer , re-installed the SD card, connect back to the computer and powered back on, I now have the two storage files under VTAB1008 that I can see on the computer and have transferred files back and forth with no problem...

ron71157

Dec 26, 2011
Hi,
Same issue..no drives present. from settings/storage I unmounted the sd card turned the tablet off. Rebooted, mounted the card and the next time i plugged it in to my laptop both onboard storage and sd card were present. not sure how or why but now it works...good luck

ron

wlellis

Dec 23, 2011
I've posted this 3 times in this forum, but it keeps drifting out of the forums, so here it is again:

From Vizio tech William:

We'll need to manually install the driver for the tablet. Please follow these steps.
>Plug in the tablet to the USB port on your computer and the micro USB port on the tablet.
>On your computer, Click on START, then on COMPUTER
>Click on SYSTEM PROPERTIES
>Click on Device Manager
>You should see the following: Other Devices VTAB1008
>Double click on VTAB1008 with the yellow exclamation point. The box below will pop up
>Click on Update Driver
>Next click on “Browse my computer for driver software”
>Next, click on “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”
>Scroll down on the left window until you get to Portable Devices, highlight it and click next.
>Click once on Standard MTP Device and the right window will populate. Next click on MTP USB
Device and click on NEXT (MTP stands for Media Transfer Protocol)
>Click YES to the Update Driver Warning
>When completed, you will be told that Windows has successfully updated the driver.
>Click on Close and you should be returned to Device Manager and now the VTAB1008 will
appear under Portable Devices.
>Your computer will likely now pop up with a new drive detected, just as it would if you plugged
in a USB Flash drive. Click on “Open device to view files”

Works as-is for Windows 7. for earlier versions you'll need to try one of the generic MTP drivers in the list

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
People just need to read first before posting new questions.

bbrider74

Mar 20, 2012
My task manager does not show the Vtab. It does show under OTHER MTP. If I follow your instructions on the MTP, there are no drivers found or shown in Portable devices. I had Vtab in the task manager before the Honeycomb update, but it dosn't show up in there now.

I tried uninstalling the MTP device and that doesn't help either. I did install the drivers back in December. I don't know what to do next.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
My task manager does not show the Vtab. It does show under OTHER MTP. If I follow your instructions on the MTP, there are no drivers found or shown in Portable devices. I had Vtab in the task manager before the Honeycomb update, but it dosn't show up in there now.

I tried uninstalling the MTP device and that doesn't help either. I did install the drivers back in December. I don't know what to do next.

You need to clear it first then add it back. If it shows under OTHER MTP then uninstall the device by right clicking it in the list then uninstall. Once uninstalled unplug the usb wait a couple seconds and plug it back in. See if it auto detects and installs the device. If not follow the directions above to add the drivers by clicking on the device that pops up when you plug it backing and updating its drivers as described.

princessaly23

Mar 16, 2012
hi I am having te same problems I can't transfere my music through USB cable which connects to my phone it is android too HTC chacha I don't know how to do it my pics r fine it just music is notvlettin me plz help thank u

bbrider74

Mar 20, 2012
You need to clear it first then add it back. If it shows under OTHER MTP then uninstall the device by right clicking it in the list then uninstall. Once uninstalled unplug the usb wait a couple seconds and plug it back in. See if it auto detects and installs the device. If not follow the directions above to add the drivers by clicking on the device that pops up when you plug it backing and updating its drivers as described.

Yep did all that several times before I posted the first time. It always shows back up as MTP and not VTAB1008. Trying to install the drivers with windows doesn't work and trying to install them by choosing PORTABLE DEVICES doesn't work either. Both ways shows no drivers.

I installed Software Data Cable and can access it that way so I can still transfer my files. I would rather use the usb, but this will work till I figure it out. Thanks for trying.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Yep did all that several times before I posted the first time. It always shows back up as MTP and not VTAB1008. Trying to install the drivers with windows doesn't work and trying to install them by choosing PORTABLE DEVICES doesn't work either. Both ways shows no drivers.

I installed Software Data Cable and can access it that way so I can still transfer my files. I would rather use the usb, but this will work till I figure it out. Thanks for trying.

You may have to manually download the drivers and then navigate it to the files you downloaded instead of letting widows search for the drivers.