Connecting to PC with USB

kaopac61

Aug 5, 2011
William, when I go into device manager, there is no more VTAB1008 to choose from the list. That's my point. It is not recognized by my PC because it's no longer there. So I can't Update the driver, the VTAB driver is gone ever since the major update 2 months ago. I know you are trying to help, so I'd appreciate any other suggestions to get this working again.

I've posted this 3 times in this forum, but it keeps drifting out of the forums, so here it is again:

From Vizio tech William:

We'll need to manually install the driver for the tablet. Please follow these steps.
>Plug in the tablet to the USB port on your computer and the micro USB port on the tablet.
>On your computer, Click on START, then on COMPUTER
>Click on SYSTEM PROPERTIES
>Click on Device Manager
>You should see the following: Other Devices VTAB1008
>Double click on VTAB1008 with the yellow exclamation point. The box below will pop up
>Click on Update Driver
>Next click on “Browse my computer for driver software”
>Next, click on “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”
>Scroll down on the left window until you get to Portable Devices, highlight it and click next.
>Click once on Standard MTP Device and the right window will populate. Next click on MTP USB
Device and click on NEXT (MTP stands for Media Transfer Protocol)
>Click YES to the Update Driver Warning
>When completed, you will be told that Windows has successfully updated the driver.
>Click on Close and you should be returned to Device Manager and now the VTAB1008 will
appear under Portable Devices.
>Your computer will likely now pop up with a new drive detected, just as it would if you plugged
in a USB Flash drive. Click on “Open device to view files”

Works as-is for Windows 7. for earlier versions you'll need to try one of the generic MTP drivers in the list

maxxg

Oct 5, 2012
[h=1]Here is some very useful information about tools used to work with many android devices, you will not need all this stuff just interface you Vtab, but you will find like to development tools for applications and such for android in general. I installed this stuff on my windows 7 and can now work with my interal and SD storage on my Vtab.

Now I have no issues with Windows VistA AT ALL and I running 64 bit, but my machine is custom built! but that should not matter as far as the OS goes.
make sure u use the cable that comes with you Vtab and not and extention, and Please note That VIZIO can not be rooted as far I can tell!

Android Composite ADB Interface[/h]

In the Android App Market, you’ll come across thousands of apps that help you do a lot of other things. However, many of these apps need access to be able to root your Android smartphone and device. Rooting, for those of you unfamiliar or unclear of the meaning of the word, is when you do things to your phone like changing the start-up screen, the lock-up screen or adding a new user interface. It gives you admin-like power over your Android to access system files and change things around that are usually marked “read only”. You’ll be able to change things around that you normally wouldn’t be able to. It’s an interesting change though and feels kind of nice. So back to the matter at hand, root access is prohibited by the manufacturer of the phone due to security reasons so you need to remove this little obstacle out of the way. Before you’re able to root your Android device, you should install and set-up Android Composite ADB Interface on your computer. The installation and set-up procedure is pretty much the same on all Android devices. You’re all probably wondering what the Android Composite ADB Interface is. Well, the Android Composite ADB Interface is the also called the ADB. The ADB is the Android Debugging Bridge. It used a mean of communication between your Android and computer. It helps to carry out tasks that are simple naturally but difficult to do over such a small screen. It uses a USB data cable to create a link between these two devices through which they will communicate through. Here is a step-by-step instruction guide on how to set up the Android Composite ADB Interface on your Windows 7 computer and debug your Android. Firstly, search for the “Java SE Software Development Kit” (SDK) and download it. Once you download it, install it on your computer. When the download is complete, you will have to download the “Android Software Development Kit” (SDK) depending on your OS and then extract the zip file’s content to your desktop, more preferably to your “C” Drive. Open the folder and then double-click on “SDK Manager”. You will presented with window that has a list of packages to install. From the list, choose “USB Driver package revision…” You should deselect all the options except for USB Package if you’ve slow internet. Install the package and wait for them to finish. Now go to your Android’s settings and make sure “debugging” is on. Throughout the whole process, ensure your phone is on and connected to the PC with the USB cable. Once you connect the phone, Windows will start recognizing the device. You will see a message that says “Device driver software was not successfully installed”. If it says that it was installed successfully, you should keep reading through until the step that tells you your device has installed successfully. Go to Device Manager on your computer and right click on the “Other Devices” option. Right-click on this and go to properties. When you do this make sure you’ve admin rights. After that, the “Update Driver” button is where you want to click. Select “Browse my computer for driver software” and “let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”. Click “Next and “Have Disk” and then look though the folder and select “android_winusb”. Confirm the selection and it will start installing the Android Composite ADB Interface. Your installation is now complete.

hope this helps!

regards,
Maxx