connecting to tv with kyros

Pollydroid

Jan 13, 2011
Curious on the video output with the 7015 kyros. The cord shipped with mine is way too short. Have to sit behind tv to connect this seams lame. Does anyone have some good ideas? And how was the output when you connect to tv? Sent via kyros7015.

Last edited:

jetta02awp

Dec 14, 2010
The only cables that come with the tablet is 2 usbs. You need a mini hdmi to hdmi cable and the output is very good

Sent from my SPH-M900

McManaBurn

Feb 9, 2011
Yup you need a mini hdmi to hdmi cable. They can be had for fairly cheap, I got a 6' one for $15. The output is great. Some of mine gets cut off for some reason though, after going through numerous settings on both the tv and the tablet I couldn't get it to change.

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
The output is great. Some of mine gets cut off for some reason though, after going through numerous settings on both the tv and the tablet I couldn't get it to change.

Are you referring to the screen like the apps and home page? I noticed this too. I played a youtube video and that seamed fine.. I guess aslong as movies play thru ok thats what counts.

McManaBurn

Feb 9, 2011
Are you referring to the screen like the apps and home page? I noticed this too. I played a youtube video and that seamed fine.. I guess aslong as movies play thru ok thats what counts.

Yes. The menus and everything don't fit on the TV. Weird. But like you said as long as the movies play good.

Pollydroid

Jan 13, 2011
Thx Jetta wow what a good price. Sounds like the video output for movies will be fine. I was hoping the screen view would be better for apps. seams like it's kinda off center. This has got to be better than LOL my error sitting with usb cable behind the TV. What was I thinking. Coby only shipped two different length cables for usb connection. I'm sorry, gawd I'm still laughing. Did receive my new hdmi cables via mail. Have yet to try. Maybe after Nascar races by monday. Thx

Last edited:

jetta02awp

Dec 14, 2010
Thx Jetta wow what a good price. Sounds like the video output for movies will be fine. I was hoping the screen view would be better for apps. seams like it's kinda off center. This has got to be better than sitting with a 2ft' mini hdmi to hdmi behind the TV. What was coby thinking? Not all of us can buy new hd tv's.

Thats odd that you guys are having problems on the TV. I have a Philips 42" 1080P LCD and my Kyros shows up fine on the screen

machadolopes

Mar 18, 2011
Hi Folks,

I´m having some trouble to output hdmi signal in my TV. I have a LG LCD TV, full Hd 1080p), but i couldn´t get any signal from my coby Kyros 7015. Needless to say that i configured in tablet output to hdmi, and tried the two configurations available. I also changed the cable i bought, thinking it was a faulty cable. I really don´t know what to do next. When i connect the cable, the tables shows hdmi at the top of the screen but nothing appears on tv. Unfortunately, i have only one hdmi TV, but i will try at a friend´s. Any suggestions ? Thanks in advance.
Marcel Lopes

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
You have two output both are at 60Hz, you'll need to adjust the 120 or 240Hz downgrade to 60Hz 720p or 1080p options.
You have to match the output just right. Your HDTV might not work with the 7015. 720p or 1080p 60Hz works. Once you move up into 120Hz or 240MHz then the issues.
You might have to change the wide, zoom and normal settings on your set too. Since the 7015 is set wrong to 1920x1088 it should be 1920x1080p

Note: Only the MID7005-4GB comes with all the extras. Again these min-HDMI are dirt cheap now

jackrussell

Feb 19, 2011
I have tested with my 19 inch vizio led and my samsung 67 inch led and screen transfers perfect, movies play great as long as you have the res and frequency matched to the tv otherwise you get pixel degradation I guess you would call it.

Tindeath

Apr 5, 2011
I bought my 6' cable here: Newegg.com - Rosewill RCE-6-MHE Pellucid HD Series 6 FT Mini-HDMI cable (High Speed with Ethernet) M-M

They sell many more, but I know this one works good and the picture quality is very good using my MID7015 playing movies.

Note: Kind of a no brainer but The video quality will also be effected by the quality of the video your trying to play as I have had some bad experiences with low resolution videos looking as though I was watching them through a kaleidoscope.

Last edited:

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
I bought the same one Tindeath did. From NewEgg at the time was $6.99 with free shipping. Now I see it at $10.99 plus $1.99 shipping. NewEgg's daily deals are nice if you have a "want list" and get the ads each day.
I just had to try it. I'm not watching movies on it. Games show up but you still have to watch the Coby to click on the bird and pull back. :)