Contact Sync on the Galaxy Tab

commonman

Nov 14, 2010
OK, two issues:
1) I cannot attach photos to my contacts.
2) I cannot sync my 2007 Outlook to my tab contacts.
Anybody have any ideas?

LouCap

Nov 13, 2010
Sync with your Facebook profile and all of those contact photos will be imported. Use Google to sync outlook, although I'm not 100% sure it'll work with three 2007 version.

Sent from my SGH-T849 using Tapatalk

Miami1683

Dec 23, 2009
ok here you go.....

Galaxy S tabs are powerd by Google....so what you do is export your contacts to google then sign in with your Google account. It will sync from the cloud then

commonman

Nov 14, 2010
My contacts are on my computer and no where else presently. It does not appear that Google gives me an option to export my contatcs to Gmail. Is there a way?

specmac

Oct 19, 2010
My contacts are on my computer and no where else presently. It does not appear that Google gives me an option to export my contatcs to Gmail. Is there a way?

First export your contacts. Assuming your using Outlook or Outlook Express:

Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express: Here are some general directions to follow, though instructions may vary by version. For more detailed instructions, open 'Help' in Outlook or Outlook Express and type 'export' in the search box. Look for topics that include 'export wizard,' 'export information,' 'exporting contacts' or 'exporting address book contacts' in the title.
From Outlook:
  • Select File > Import/Export > Export from the main menu
  • Choose Comma Separated Values (Windows) > Select "Contacts" > Save exported file

From Outlook Express:
  • Select File > Export > Address Book from the main menu.
  • Select Text File (Comma Separated Values).
  • Click Export.

Then follow these instructions to import into Gmail.

Importing CSV files - Gmail Help

commonman

Nov 14, 2010
WOW, now that was simple. I imported my CSV file contacts to Gmail and by the time I opened my Galaxy Tablet my contacts was imported to that as well. Thanks.