Copying Photos to Tablet

amp_qld

Oct 31, 2013
I've just bought my first tablet to experiment for travel purposes. I can't find how to backup photos from the SD card on my camera to either the micro SD or tablet itself. I've tried loading file management apps but can't see the photos even though I've connected a) the camera directly and b) the SD card in a card reader both using a lead from USB to mini USB.

Can anyone give me step by step instructions? Although I don't think it's critical, the tablet is an Alcatel T10. Thanks

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I have some solutions in this link that should work for both of you. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...423-guide-transferring-files-your-tablet.html

If you can't figure out another way to get the photos from the camera to the tablet there are some special file managers in that thread that allow you to transfger files over your WiFi network. (this of course assumes you have a computer and the tablet on the same network). But DropBox or another cloud service may help. There are also WiFi enabled SD cards you could use in (some) cameras.

amp_qld

Oct 31, 2013
I'll certainly look at that. As this is about backing up photos while I'm travelling, I'm trying to replace my netbook with the smaller, lighter and (possibly) quicker tablet so there's no computer involved. E-mail won't work as I might easily be trying to back up 50 or 100 photos in one day. On the trip I'm starting in 36 hours, I won't even have access to wifi so the cloud is out as well. I'm hoping for a physical connection method.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
If you aren't going to be in the middle of nowhere you should, these days, be able to find WiFi somewhere. If not, there are USB (non powered) drives that could be used for additional storage. Maybe even a thumb drive.

You may be against a wall if you can't do any of the suggested things listed here, so far.