Couple of questions before I buy

lmg110

Jul 11, 2010
Hi
just a couple of questions before I buy a tablet.

1. Is it possible to connect my digi cam and transfer pictures and is there any photo editing software for use on the tablet ?

2. If I can transfer pics can I connect a printer to print them off ?

3. Does I Tunes work on these tablets ?

Thanks

Lee

lmg110

Jul 11, 2010
Hi Does no one actually own and I Robot type tablet ? Ive had 201 views on this post but no one has commented ??

Please someone help as I'm sure someone knows

Thanks

Lee

joshua.lyon

Jun 11, 2010
Hi
just a couple of questions before I buy a tablet.

1. Is it possible to connect my digi cam and transfer pictures and is there any photo editing software for use on the tablet ?

2. If I can transfer pics can I connect a printer to print them off ?

3. Does I Tunes work on these tablets ?

Thanks

Lee

This depends on your camera model, what features it has and how it connects. It depends on the way the camera serves up it's memory. If the camera acts like a USB flash drive when connected via USB, then yes. If the camera requires special drivers, then I doubt it will work. Other alternatives include using a microSD (with adapter) in your digital camera, then putting the microSD directly in the Android tablet. Or if you have a Wifi camera, you could access the pictures over your network. Or you could get one of those Eye-Fi SD cards that have been hyped about.

There is photo editing software available for Android including, but not limited to, Photoshop Mobile.

You can connect the Android device directly to a printer as a USB flash drive (eg. the memory of the Android tablet shows up as a USB flash drive). Your printer would have to support reading from USB flash drives though (like one of the new HP printers with the screens on them) As far as I know, there isn't support for directly connecting a printer to the Android tablet though. Also, there are some apps like PrinterShare which allow you to print to a network connected Printer Server (homePC / stand-alone device)

There isn't a native iTunes Android App and Apple does not allow connectivity to non Apple devices for most their products... but if you've been reading the news, Music is one of the big pushes Google is working on right now. On the other hand, there are apps like doubleTwist and HomePipe which allow you to get your iTunes library on your android device.

---
PS. All of these answers could have been found by Googling... "Android Photo Editing", "Android Printer", "Android iTunes", etc.

Last edited:

mattgsx

Jul 20, 2010
tkatiyo,

The Huawei is an android tablet that happens to have a 3G sim card slot. Look at the item description for the tablet you're considering to see if it supports 3G. If it does, contact the seller/manufacturer to determine if it is locked in with a certain provider or if it supports multiple 3G sim cards.

vijaykhai

Jun 19, 2010
Hi joshua,
May I impose on your kindness to help others, as I am only 74 years young and none too bright about Android. I am lookingfor a tablet which will enable browsing, ebooks, listen to music and very important for me to access internet where WIFI not available like in car, parks but wireless cells function.
Which of the following 2 will meet my needs?
A. Apad iRobot Telechip TCC8902 7" Android 2.1 Tablet PC
B. 7 Inch Google Android Tablet PC with 3G, WIFI, 1.1GHz CPU, G-Sensor, Camera - US$179.75 : Euogo.com
OR can you suggest any other tablet? Also as I have read so many bad mes. about suppliers, whom would you recommend?
I do hope that I am not asking too much of you. Thanks in anticipation.
Vijay

mindwave

Jul 6, 2010
Vijay, that EUGO tablet looks like a good deal, however, as in MANY things it looks like you have 2 basic choices:
1) The EUGO-Rockchip tablet - PROS: LOTS OF GOODIES, this is the most loaded tablet I have ever seen. ROCKCHIP CPU - this is a KNOWN good chip for running droid the way it should be run. CONS - Android 1.5 thats pretty old and has some limitations. I would have 2 questions for EUGO - can I upgrade to ANDY2.X and what their warranty terms are
2) The IROBOT - not as many toys BUT a "faster" cpu and newer android. From the reviews I have seen most folks tent to feel the TCC chip runs android smooter, plus you have a current copy of the OS PLUS SHENit has a reputation among tableteers as being good on their word.

I'm in the market for a 7" for my wife and of the 2 I would go for the TCC JUST because of the newer OS and the stability of ShenIT. I was planning on buying her one this week, but my car had a major issue, so it will be a few more weeks, but I have read everything I can find on the net, and it seems that most folks like BOTH of these CPUS but that most folks prefer the newer OS

j'

vijaykhai

Jun 19, 2010
Hi Mindwave,
Thank you for your prompt response and advice - very gracious of you. Couple of things I forgot to mention:
1. Being able to connect to Internet where no WIFI is available - car, public park etc. by using USB Stick Modem like Huawei E220 wireless modem.
The TCC8902 has no 3G or SIM slot - what other choice to get Int. connection?
2. I read somewhere that Android 2.1 can NOT play FLASH Video? So can I watch Soccer and Cricket video live streams or recorded or even YOUTUBE?
Also it is said that And. 2.2 tablets are due out in couple of weeks, so is it better to wait and get or if if I get a 2.1 it will be upgraded to 2.2?
As you said you are also in the market for one, please review:

android OS 2.1 Telechips processor 7inch aPad tablet MID
It has 4GB NAND FLASH, and priced at $190/- and in stock!
i WILL BE GRATEFUL FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. tHANKS.
Vijay

mindwave

Jul 6, 2010
Vijay - androidtime has been getting a lot of mention of late, but unfortunately I cant find anyone who has bought from them. But the specs on the one you linked are exactly what I would be looking for.

As for the flash issue, I believe,, and woyuld hope to be corrected if need be, that 2.1 CAN support flash with some help, as for the 3G as far as I know one of the reasons we are not seing many 2.2 tablets is because 3g is a REQUIREMENT of 2.2.

I would believe that whether you could use it on a 2.1 device would depend more on if there are USB drivers for THAT modem that will work in android.

I have seen videos of 3g USB modems running on 2.1 tablets , but the audio is all in chinese, so I dont know whether they are saying "WOW works great" or "Man my 28.8 modem runs better"

I think MOST of the 2.1 tablets being offered have WIFI on them so that you CAN connect to public WIFI accesses (Library, coffee shops etc)

j

joshua.lyon

Jun 11, 2010
Vijay - androidtime has been getting a lot of mention of late, but unfortunately I cant find anyone who has bought from them. But the specs on the one you linked are exactly what I would be looking for.

As for the flash issue, I believe,, and woyuld hope to be corrected if need be, that 2.1 CAN support flash with some help, as for the 3G as far as I know one of the reasons we are not seing many 2.2 tablets is because 3g is a REQUIREMENT of 2.2.

I would believe that whether you could use it on a 2.1 device would depend more on if there are USB drivers for THAT modem that will work in android.

I have seen videos of 3g USB modems running on 2.1 tablets , but the audio is all in chinese, so I dont know whether they are saying "WOW works great" or "Man my 28.8 modem runs better"

I think MOST of the 2.1 tablets being offered have WIFI on them so that you CAN connect to public WIFI accesses (Library, coffee shops etc)

j
I tried plugging in a USB Verizon 3G card and a USB AT&T 3G cell card into my Moonse E-7001 with the RogerBraun 6beta firmware. The device didn't automatically connect to the cell network and there wasn't anything that easily indicated to me how to get it connected. I've read that the firmware supports some 3G cards, but honestly I didn't want to spend a bunch of time messing around with it since I'm happy with just using the wifi support.

vijaykhai

Jun 19, 2010
Hi Joshua,
Many thanks for following up and checking on the 3G USB connectvity. Mark of Androidtime service desk tells me that any CDMA 2000 modem should work. I don't have one - so no way I can check , perhaps somebody will try it out and confirm. By the way which of the 2.1 tablets :

android OS 2.1 Telechips processor 7inch aPad tablet MID OR

Opad A1 7 Inches Android 2.1 Tablet PC MID TELECHIP TCC8902 (Single Speaker)

do you prefer and do you think the 2.2 release will be OUT soon? I want to get a tablet, but cann't make up my mind whether to get one of the above or wait for the 2.2 models. Any comments?
Much obliged for your time and effort.
Vijay

ronette

Apr 5, 2011
hey, i want to know how to install my huawei e220 modem on my andriod, i tied a few times, but does not seem to get the hand of it, please help