Coyb Kyros 2.1 os Andriod questions/problems please help

Trixie

Feb 6, 2011
Ok I bought the Coby Kyros a few days ago.
This one has the 2.1 andriod os.

I am having one heck of a time finding books that I can put on it. Ebooks.com says no go on this as it doesn't have drm. But according to the kyros website it does.

Nookbook apps for android. Says you can use it on any tablet device. Page wont load on my tablet. And I have the same problem with the Kindle app.

I am about to throw this thing out the window. Having only the 2.1 os seems to cause me limitations as well.

So what am I doing wrong? I haven't upgraded this one yet. As I haven't gotten the sc card for it.
Netflix does not work.

I really wanted a tablet with color and is good with web usage. I really wanted 3g. But could not find one sold locally. So I settled for this one. Now I'm pulling my hair out.

I have only 5 apps to choose from in the applib. So that is useless. I am really thinking this thing wasn't worth my money.
I've searched and searched and have found no help or support that is actually useful for this device. Hopefully someone here can help me.
Thanks a ton
Trixie

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
You really should have a look at the ultimate guide. Also, go to appslib.com to get the latest appslib if you don't want to root it. There are known issues with the version that ships on the kyros.

Trixie

Feb 6, 2011
Have no idea what 'rooting' is so I'll look into that one. And I have downloaded the applib update.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
gaining permanent root access is nothing more than enabling the Administrator login (to put it in Windoze terms...). Having root access allows you to change things that you couldn't before.

Trixie

Feb 6, 2011
I have the 2.1 os.

From what I understand I can't root this one using the z4root. And the app is no longer available. At least clicking to download says I can't .. And yes I'm registered.

I have updated my firmware so now its 201014-3 update 1

So now I'm lost.. /cry.. lol

ok got it rooted..
now the website for the next step wont load.. ugg.. going to move my posts to that forum so I'm not crowding this one ..

Last edited: