xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Pictures
EAgBr.jpg

Bkkix.jpg

Specifications (from Creative)
Capacity: 8GB / 16GB (16GB is available exclusively on Creative.com)
Color: White
Screen Size: 7" (diagonal)
Display: 16.8mill color TFT, Resistive Touch
Screen Resolution: 480 x 800 pixels
Dimension: 207.4 x 133 x 13.7mm
Weight: 400g
Processor: ZiiLABS ZMS-08 HD Media-Rich Applications Processor
Operating System: Android 2.1
Bluetooth Version: Bluetooth 2.1 EDR (with apt-X & A2DP)
Wireless Network: IEEE 802.11 b/g
HD Video-out: Yes (up to 720p)
Camera: Front camera (VGA)
Built-in Microphone: Yes (Mono)
Built-in Speaker: Yes (Stereo)
Accelerometer: Yes
Memory Expansion: microSD, up to 32GB
Audio Enhancement: X-Fi Audio Enhancements (Crystalizer, Expand)
Audio Support: MP3, AAC, WMA9, FLAC, OGG, MIDI, WAV, Audible Format
Video Support: H.264, MPEG4, WMV9, MOV, AVI, MKV
Photo Support: JPG, BMP, PNG
Connectors: mini USB, 3.5mm Stereo jack
RAM: 512MB (from FAQ)

Videos

Sources:
Creative ZiiO review: first impressions, gallery and video | Electricpig
Buy Creative ZiiO 7" - Entertainment Devices / MP3 Players - Creative Store (Pan Euro)
Creative ZiiO 7 inch Android tablet visits the FCC

Last edited by a moderator:

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
I just saw this a few minutes ago on Google News. It looks like a decent tablet, I just wish it had a capacitive screen.

dandroid

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 15, 2009
Yup, I was just looking at this and was very impressed with the specs until I noticed what type of touchscreen it was..

I just saw this a few minutes ago on Google News. It looks like a decent tablet, I just wish it had a capacitive screen.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Stylus isn't necessarily a bad thing, because this now the best pure resistive touch Android tablet on the market.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Stylus isn't necessarily a bad thing, because this now the best pure resistive touch Android tablet on the market.
Yep, I fondly remember my Pandigital Novel and its resistive screen. Oh, wait... those aren't fond memories. :p

Glad to see something better is available!

-Matt

ollip79

Dec 22, 2010
Just got mine. So far.. resistive screen is not that bad. Very responsive. Besides the accidental zoom in multitouch applications not bad. But the touchscreen layer on top of the screen adds some shimmering to a already bad LCD panel. Really think I will send it back, I could deal with the lack of a market (the ZiiStore is a bad joke) by sideloading my apps but the screen really kills it for the purpose as a mediaplayer/reader.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Damn tempting price. I hate when they do that. Explains why I have an absurd number of digital devices on my kitchen counter. Well, absurd for me. Probably a mini-collection for tipstir.

-Matt

janesh

Nov 27, 2010
I send my ziio 7 back to the store after three days of testing. Was disappointed about it. To laggy and too many times ' ........... is not responding, reacting stop or wait'. The screen is indeed very responsive but the quality could much better. My galaxy s, wits a81e and herotab m802, perform mutch better, certain qua speed. At least, i live in the netherlands an i payed 250 euro, about 320 dollar for it and when i lived in the states, i bought the elocity a7 with tegra 2 which is until now not available in holland.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I don't think it's inexpensive enough.

If it seems slow, it is probably because of the custom UI and Android 2.1. But the specs should indicate that this thing should be quite decent.

Dixon.

Dec 28, 2010
I don't think it's inexpensive enough.

If it seems slow, it is probably because of the custom UI and Android 2.1. But the specs should indicate that this thing should be quite decent.

it's pretty decent actually.

video playback is smooth, forwarding etc.

weird enough, it's only the menu navigation that seems slow.
other than that, individual features function smoothly.

ollip79

Dec 22, 2010
yeah first thing to do is installing a decent launcher. I use ADWLauncher and works much better. anyone had luck installing the YouTube player? or gapps?
rooting seems possible but the busybox version seems not compatible?! wonder when/if creative releases the sources. .
the 3d driver or functions of the chip are also limited.. quadrant bench and speedforge run without shadows..
charging over USB doesn't really work.. seems only when you put it to sleep and powersave mode.

Dixon.

Dec 28, 2010
yeah first thing to do is installing a decent launcher. I use ADWLauncher and works much better. anyone had luck installing the YouTube player? or gapps?
rooting seems possible but the busybox version seems not compatible?! wonder when/if creative releases the sources. .
the 3d driver or functions of the chip are also limited.. quadrant bench and speedforge run without shadows..
charging over USB doesn't really work.. seems only when you put it to sleep and powersave mode.

i tried using adw launcher as well. it certainly does feel better.

as for charging over usb..

according to somewhere i read from,

the amount of current the USB cable provides isn't enough to charge the tablet.
not sure about other brands though.

romo.11

Dec 31, 2010
Hi. I am a new user of creative ziio 7. I have one question: I have ZIIO tablet and mobile phone. Is it possible to connect to the internet using mobile phone via bluetooth?