Creative Ziio Android Update

D

dartiss

Hi everyone,

I run a tech review site and was sent a 7" Ziio by Creative. One of the questions I keep coming across is when it's going to be updated from the Android 2.1 it ships with.

I'm in communication with Creative about this and they're going to get back to me with an answer. As soon as I know anything I'll post back!

David.

Kenif

Jan 20, 2011
I got this response when I asked Creative tech support

With regards to your enquiry, please be informed that we do not have the exact release day for Android 2.2 Operating System for ZiiO tablet. Please check it out our website regularly for latest updates.

D

dartiss

Apparantly there's some kind of hold up, but they're (hopefully) going to get back to me with something more concrete. I've also asked them whether there are plans to upgrade the device to 3.0 when it's released (we can only hope!)

D

dartiss

Yes, they just sent me the details. It's 1.00.28-ECLAIR.

http://support.creative.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?catID=948&subCatID=949&prodID=20231
Creative Worldwide Support >

Check on your tablet from Settings --> About
If yours is version 1.00.27 then you do not need to upgrade.
If your current one is version 1.00.13-ECLAIR, then please proceed to upgrade (it's a standard APK).

Mine came with 1.00.27 so no need to upgrade (although I'm intrigued as to the difference!).

D

dartiss

The latest from Creative...

We are working on the 2.2 version, I believe it will be ready soon and I will definitely keep you updated on that.
As for Android 3.0, it will be a huge difference in requirements and I do not have any confirmed information now.
But do not worry, I will definitely keep you updated once I have any information.

So, no exact timescales, but at least we can look forward to 2.2 at some point soon!

David.

Dixon.

Dec 28, 2010
the new firmware actually improves performance.

installed and tested it.

so far so good.

Feb 2, 2011
Sweet news...

If Froyo does speed up the tablet even more...it'll rock even more!!!

Almost half-way through February...man, I'm getting all tingly inside... :D

Kenif

Jan 20, 2011
Very good news.

The ZiiO is a decent device.
With flash capabilities it will be very useful.

ollip79

Dec 22, 2010
Not to spoil the mood but 2.2 does not equal flash. Just have a look at the advent vega which just recently gained fully working adobe flash.