Cruz t301 Stock Browser And Dolphin Browser Crashing Solved

armega

May 10, 2012
I finally found out that JAVASCRIPT was causing the browser to crash every time it would try to load a page. EVEN GOOGLE.COM! In the Dolphin browser you can disable javascript. I think you can in the stock browser too. But I made the dolphin browser my default so never looked back.

My question is WHY is javascript crashing the browser. I know the browsers have to handle javascript... Otherwise it would not support it at all!... Ideas?

spidermikey88

May 14, 2012
Thanks for the fix! Ill try it out today when I get home. I just got my Cruz t301 a few days ago and as soon as I updated to 2.2 and then flashed the Steve Hill rom it messed something up and flashing back to the Cruz 2.2 update didnt seem to fix it.

Notechsavvy

Jun 16, 2012
Hello i am new to the Android world and i am having trouble with this browser issue. I have a Cruz T301 and have seen a few fixes in other forums and sites for it:

1) disabling javascript
2) changing the home page
3) changing the default browser

My problem is I cant figure out how to get into the browser settings to #1 or#2 above and I cant get the google browser to stay open long enough to dowload Dolphin or any other browser. Can someone help me with step by step on how to get my Cruz surfing the web?

rbrown9112

Jun 26, 2012
Hello

As soon as you launch the your browser hit the menu icon at the top of the screen to the right of the search icon. This will bring up a options menu at the bottom of the screen. Select "more" then select "settings". Then you will see the options to disable Java and other browser options. No more crahes from there!!!!!

RB

roy697

Aug 4, 2012
I also am new (T301)& not having any luck. The only Icon I get is the BookMarks & I cannot get to "options menu"
A picture or 2 would be helpful