Custom Clockwork Rooted Recovery for Augen Gentouch

JesterDroid

Aug 20, 2010
i need some help with recovery. every time i flash the clockwork recovery and reboot and try to turn on the unit into recovery.. it just hangs at the blue "gestouch78" welcome screen and freezes.. if i hard reset it and go back in and flash the factory recovery.img and reboot, turning on to recovery mode... no problem. it just seems that this tablet and the one i took back both didnt like clockwork recovery. they both did the same thing by just hanging at the gentouch welcome screen. any thoughts? hit me up... i know it has to be something simpe.

JesterDroid

teknojnky

Aug 20, 2010
I think I have figured it out.

Instead of pressing/holding HOME, then powering up.

you must;

power up, THEN quickly press and hold HOME

but if you hold HOME too long, it will reboot again because 'reboot now' is the first menu item

JLOB

Jan 22, 2011
Does anyone know where I can get the clockworkrecovery-gentouch78-rc1.img? I KNOW I'm late too the party here, but I need the image to upgrade my Gentouch 78 and can't seem to find it anyway. Refences to it abound. The image itself....not so much!

I appreciate any and all suggestions. (I'm not even sure anyone READS this section anymore!)

Thanks.

J. O'Boyle

mindwave

Jul 6, 2010
i JUST found clockworkrecovery-gentouch78-rc1 I think thats the one you wanted,. I can definately post it someplace tonie, lets see if i can put it somewhere now