CWM development

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
Well the only issue left in the ports I'm working on is drivers. Every time I load a driver something screws up and hangs at boot. I'm thinking the best path is making a custom kernel to load my new setup.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Great work so far. Glad to see this took off

Sent from my Ally using Android Tablet Forum

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
WAKE UP Everybody!!! :p

I have recently bought a 7" pad with 4.03 AND a 3e version of CWM (branded by InfotMIC, of all people!) :eek:
(known as 'updater')...

Long-story-short, I am attempting to get it to work on another 4.03 so that the system can be saved/restored and:

I have successfully:
stripped the original 64-byte header,
gunzipped it
and cpio'ed it into a temp directory,
then modified the recovery.fstab from the version that had ONLY ONE WORKING device... the external TF (as /dev/block/mmcblk1p1).

Unfortunately, once re-assembled, the resulting UPDATER file is not being loaded by the boot-sd sequence.
I can only believe that it is caused by the saved-off 64-byte header is 'wrong' now, and thus it refuses to install it.

MY problem is that I do not know how to modify/generate that header to make it happy...

Any thoughts/ideas, anyone?
beggingonmyknees.jpg :p

EDIT:
I'd like eventually, to use Tuzz' 4.0.1.5 instead (which has more functions and loads fine but little else) but cannot breach the 'modified-wont-install' issue.
:D

EDIT2:
I have finally remembered how to rebuild the images... now to get it complete! :eek:

Last edited:

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
I have completed the changes for the NAND-based EGL25BL (Tiny) and am satisfied with the results. The only possible remaining change would be to save the internal 2g 'Local-disk' portion...

I consider it acceptable as is, particularly since I can do a save to Windows OR Linux now... :p

IDEALLY, Id like to make saving it an OPTION... but I have another 'MMC-based with ramdisk and kernel 'elsewhere' to finish up first.
Not accessing ramdisk/kernel properly prevents the rest of the backup...

Otherwise, Im quite pleased with it! :D