CWM development

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
I'd suggest following my development since I have an ican10 I'm doing things differently though (supporting more devices and waiting for better support before release) tuzz sounded like he's done for awhile...

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Tablet Forum

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
Well, if I were able to test your recovery on MY SuperPAD I would consider such a thing... particularly since yours 'apparently' has the functions I need to test on my unit...

But it seems I cannot. Unless it is available somewhere to which I am not privy.
Oh well. Perhaps 'later'.

tuzzz

Apr 23, 2011
Have you gotten any further? It seems as though progress has slowed/stopped. Will there be a "new breed" of SuperPADs out with CM7 by summer 2012 (without pending zombie apocalypse, of course)?
Real progress with cm7 never existed.

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
Hmmm...well I can port it over if you send me a stock recovery, fstab, and a cat of your mtd configuration. And by the way, my efforts are admin approved so let's ditch the hostility over my methods and busy college life.

Sent from my wwe10 using Android Tablet Forum

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
but hey, get me what I asked for, and I can see what I can whip up for you. The only issue with building cwr is you need the proper mtd block mapping for the device to be compiled in. Then you can run it as fake flash.

smokinjoe2122

Aug 13, 2011
Hey TechV, I appreciate you sticking around on these boards and helping us out. I'm actually thinking of selling my flytouch 2, but I'd like to follow your progress on the Ican, just incase I can't sell this thing. Let me know if you need any help with beta testing with our device. I've flashed this stupid thing about 50 times so I have lots of backups incase something goes wrong.

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
my ican doesnt have gps....so I cant say much, but it seems like the rom you are using doesnt have the drivers for your device....

smokinjoe2122

Aug 13, 2011
I get that "no connection" error also, even though wifi says it's connected to my router. I don't know what the issue is with that, I end up having to disconnect and reconnect the wifi again. Sometimes it stays stable for long periods of time, and sometimes it drops the connection every 2 mins. In the device's defense, I have one of the first low priced wireless G/N routers that came out, and I'd love to throw it against the wall sometimes :)

dlzc

Feb 10, 2011
I get that "no connection" error also, even though wifi says it's connected to my router. I don't know what the issue is with that, I end up having to disconnect and reconnect the wifi again. Sometimes it stays stable for long periods of time, and sometimes it drops the connection every 2 mins. In the device's defense, I have one of the first low priced wireless G/N routers that came out, and I'd love to throw it against the wall sometimes :)

Now is your chance. A good (current) router can make all the difference.

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
pluse i try to use maps and i select ...use satalite to set location, and when i plug in the gprs device on top (thelong wire with the black box at the end) it never connects NEVER, i just want to use the police scanner which seems to be cool....

OK, first check the flytouch variant section. You have a superpad 3. Second, there is a whole thread to set up your GPS so it will function.

sent from my AOSP CM7 with Clemsyn Kernal using Tapatalk

smokinjoe2122

Aug 13, 2011

Well it works well for non android devices, well enough that is. I have my Tab up for sale now. If it doesn't sell, oh well...

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
I have a system dump for the hp touch pad, would that assist for a rom development for the superpad?

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
The slim android enviroment seemed to fit the superpad

Sent from my Ally using Android Tablet Forum