dead flyouch

dwlpunk

Jan 19, 2011
hello i ordered this tablet from best offer buy and after 3 weeks it finally arrived.

* Model: E53437
* Shipping Weight: 528g

Product Description

* Operating System: Android OS 2.1
* Processor: VIA MW8505 600MHz
* Memory: 256MB DDR2
* Capacity: 2GB NAND FLASH, support SDHC up to 32GB
* Display: 7" high-brightness TFT LCD widescreen touch display 16:9
* 800*480-pixel resolution
* Touch Control: Full size touch operation, sliding menu, functional icon dragging
* Orientation Sensors: With accelerometer, automatic steering display screen
* Network: 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi CERTIFIED network connection
* Support 3G (WCDMA/EVDO)
* Microphone: Built-in
* Speaker: 1 speaker

Slots :

* 1 * SD card (support up to 32G HD)
* 1 * 30 pin interface to USB
* 1 * 3.5 mm stereo audio out
* Software: Chrome-lite Browser, UCWEB Browser,Fring, MSN,QQ and so on
* OS Language Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously
* Audio: MP3,WMA,WAV,APE,OGG,FLAC,AAC
* Video: AVI,3GP/MP4,RM/RMVB,FLV,MKV,MOV,WMV
* Offfice Software ,Word EXCEL Powerpoint PDF
* Main software:Browser,Skype,MSN,FringSupport e-book function
* Battery: Built-in
* Input/Output Adapter Input: 100-240V~50/60Hz (US plug), Output: 9V~1.5A
* Accessories AC power adapter, USB data cable, user manual
* Unite Size: 199*128*18 mm
* Unite Weight: 528 g

i know its a flytouch because the power light is green when its on. the first time i turned it on it vibrated and loaded the OS no problem. i tried to upgrade the OS with an updated rom so i could utilize the market. after several attemps i only found a handful that actually installed and worked, but the touchscreen would not work. now i am asking your help as to pointing me in the right direction of the original OEM rom so i can just get it back to the way it was when i first got it or one that just works with the touchscreen. i dont care about the market anymore. i appreciate your help.

here are some pics.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

dwlpunk

Jan 19, 2011
update: i got the rom MID7_2188 to load up correctly and it looks like the original OS that came with it. but the touchscreen does not work. but all the other buttons work. any way to fix that?

bambitgaerlan

Dec 11, 2010
hi, you could try plugging a usb mouse into the attachment that should have come with it, the one that has 2 usb ports and a lan port. my unit came with a silver one, and it looks like this

$apad_usb_port.jpg

dwlpunk

Jan 19, 2011
yes i could do that and it works, but it defeats the purpose of what i got it for, which is couch surfing and using it while away from my home pc. im just looking for the original factory rom that came with the device that best offer buy.com shipped to me. they will not answer my emails or phone when trying to contact them. and all the roms that i have loaded work, but the touch screen does not. it's very frustrating.

dwlpunk

Jan 19, 2011
update: Hello again and im happy to say i have finally found a build that works by chance. i stumbled upon tipsters WMT2.1_105_ALPHA-X_V1.2_script.7z. everything works great. touchscreen, youtube, market, maps, and gmail. wonderful device when you find the right firmware.

i hope this helps other people trying to get their cheap tablet working again.