Dedicated Home Button

Jun 20, 2012
I'm wondering if I got a device with a faulty home button that is going to break in a short period of time,
or if the button on all of these devices feels as cheap as mine does.

The button is working fine so far...
but when you run your finger over it back and forth (left and right) the button seems to pop up a bit on
the opposite side of where your finger is, and makes a clicking sound.
This may be normal, but makes me wonder if the button is not properly seated, and might end up popping off with more use. Gotta say...I'm not in love with a raised home button at all.

Do any of yours do that?

Jun 20, 2012
That makes sense.
Do you have the device or just speaking from experience with others?
Wanted to check with other users just to be sure,
because if it needs to be exchanged, the time is now. ;)

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I am speaking from actual experience with several different brands and models of Android Tablets. I'm in a business that exposes me to lots of tablet users on a weekly basis.

sulhogar

Jun 26, 2012
Do any of yours do that?

I just picked mine up after reading your post and fiddled with that ridiculous home button. It rocks back and forth and gets a little hung up on the edges, producing a clicking noise. I think its normal, however, it seems ridiculous to me to have a raised mechanical button dedicated solely to going to the home screen.

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Yeah...I don't like it at all.
Just another thing to get snagged and break off that doesn't need to.:rolleyes:

While I agree with the general sentiment that it is another mechanical thing that can break on the player, I actually find it to be very convenient for listening to music in the car. By hitting the home button, the player instantly awakes and the music player controls overlay on top of the lock screen, which makes track skipping or pausing very convenient. Without the dedicated hard home button, you would have to fumble with the on/off switch on the side of the player to wake it and then hit the now active "soft" touch home button on the player to bring up the track control buttons on the lock screen (i.e., two step versus single step process). I know because this is how the Player 3.6 works which does not have the "hard" home button. Not saying this is everyone's preference, but it works for me.