Soft keys vs Button Savior

Sir Robin

Jan 22, 2011
Yeah Im not sure whats going on. I like SK's if I can get the n button to work :(

My N button never worked with SK even using the instructions listed, resets etc. has worked every since I switched to Button Savior. Good luck.

CA_Harry

Mar 9, 2011
My N button never worked with SK even using the instructions listed, resets etc. has worked every since I switched to Button Savior. Good luck.

With Button Savior, are you able to get rid of the small button on the side and use the n button to pop up the virtual buttons? Thats the feature on SK I was really looking forward to.

Sir Robin

Jan 22, 2011
With Button Savior, are you able to get rid of the small button on the side and use the n button to pop up the virtual buttons? Thats the feature on SK I was really looking forward to.

I didn't see that in the settings, but it looks like it is available in the pro version. I may pick up the pro version soon, I am happy enough with it to give the developer a few bucks.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
snap20110305_114232.png

The Button Savior button that sits in the middle of the right side of your screen (in landscape or portrait) is so small and 50% transparent that you will quickly forget it's there.

Shortyred

Mar 28, 2011
Ok guess I spoke to soon! Button savior has stopped working right! Home button is all that's working. Anyone know what the problem could be?

inkedsailor

Sep 6, 2011
Hello,
I am a recent manual rooter, and am having problems with soft keys. I have it configured and working using the helpful guide at the start of this thread, with a couple of differences, short press home-takes me back to B&N home, double press home-softkeys.
Virtual home short press-B&N home, Long press Zeam launcher.
I am happy with this set up for now, the only problem is that if I run the wallpaper full screen which removes the stock B&N soft keys and leaves the Dock at the bottom of the screen, the Softkeys app that should show up on double press home don't. Its as if they are hidden behind the dock. Im sure its something I have set up wrong, hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me can help.
Many thanks.

agneslesage

Feb 13, 2011
I am on Nootk Tablet with MIUI
Softkeys looks great but does not behave very well
Savier button never fails, I just wish there were more themes (or nicer ones: it looks like bad resolution or bad transparency) and the possiblity to just dock it up or down, change the position.