Definitive difference between 2 7.0 and 7.0 plus

bmw328

May 31, 2012
I have seen comparisons but none that get into specifics
I know the CPU, screen and OS are different are there any other differences worth mentioning? Is there a difference in battery life? Which would be better for rooting?

Sent from my VTAB1008 (soon to be Samsung Galaxy) using Android Tablet Forum

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
A couple other differences I've noted - the tab 2 7 lacks the led flash of the plus, and the front camera is VGA compared to the 2 MP of the plus. I actually thought they used the same screen, but the plus has a minimum 16 gig internal storage compared to the 8 gig of the Tab 2. To me the major difference, which you already noted, is the different processor. They do both use a 4000 mAh battery but in tests the 7 plus outlasted the 2 7 , probably a result of the Exynos processor being a little more efficient, even with the higher clock speed.
As far as rooting the 7 plus should have ICS soon, so it is hard to say.

I should add that I don't mean to put the Tab 2 7 down,I think it is a great tablet, especially for the price, but it is a slightly scaled back 7 plus, its major benefit is the fact that it ships with ICS.

Last edited:

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
As far as rooting goes, from what I have heard, samsung is much easier to root than some others (like ASUS).

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Frederuco said:
As far as rooting goes, from what I have heard, samsung is much easier to root than some others (like ASUS).

The 7 plus can be rooted relatively easily, at least running honeycomb, I'm just not sure if that will be true when it gets the ICS update, but like you say Samsung devices have always been fairly easy to root.

bmw328

May 31, 2012
Thank you this is the exact kind of info I am looking for. Tom T you might be right about the screen. It's nice getting info from actual users please keep it coming.

lorenii

May 2, 2011
I have the tab 2 7.0 and the battery lasts forever.... like days forever and that is with it sitting on my desktop, updating weather radar every 10 minutes. It may be in low power mode most of the time, but when I tap the power button, it comes right back online and keeps on rockin'.

bmw328

May 31, 2012
To me the major difference, which you already noted, is the different processor. They do both use a 4000 mAh battery but in tests the 7 plus outlasted the 2 7 , probably a result of the Exynos processor being a little more efficient, even with the higher clock speed.

How much would under-clocking the plus down to 1GHz improve on battery life and in theory it would still be running at the same speed as the 2 7.0

Does anyone know if the video is handled the same between the two?