Delete Postings in Gmail App on Android

sunshineOH

Aug 25, 2014
Swipe to the right on/for each message.
Thanks. When the email account was set up, all of my emails copied over from the pc to the Android. I have over 999 emails. Besides that, it has promotion folder and another folder besides the Primary folder. I don't seem to have any control over what is kept or not. I've searched the web for detailed info on this app. to no success.
Swipe to the right on/for each message.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
The standard way to set up G-Mail, through the G-Mail app is IMAP rather than POP. IMAP will sync everything on the G-Mail WEB mail server to your tablet. If you want to manage the mail it may be easier to go to the web site to do it.

sunshineOH

Aug 25, 2014
The standard way to set up G-Mail, through the G-Mail app is IMAP rather than POP. IMAP will sync everything on the G-Mail WEB mail server to your tablet. If you want to manage the mail it may be easier to go to the web site to do it.
Thanks for your help. I'm ready to kick myself as it just dawned on me that I use Windows Live Mail rather than Gmail although my account if Gmail. So I'm going to go to the Gmail in my pc and delete all the stuff that has been building up. I never thought that the two weren't synced and that when I deleted in Live Mail it also deleted in Gmail. Live and learn.