Dell Rolling Out Android 4.4.2 Update for Venue 7/8 Tablets

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Dell Venue Android tablets were originally introduced in October of last year with Android 4.2.2, and got the Android 4.3 update in January this year. The Dell website has indicated that it has started rolling-out Android 4.4 KitKat update for its Venue 7 and Venue 8 tablets. The update is now available in select markets over-the-air and will reach your Dell tablet shortly.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
I guess your in one of those "select markets", as Dell puts it.

uslic001

Jun 30, 2014
Mine autoupdated but it broke my wifi. My wifi says it is connected and I get an IP address on my home network but I am unable to access the internet. Thus I am unable to get any more updates. Any idea on how I can fix this since I can no longer connect to the internet. I have tried hard reboots and soft reboots without success. I have not tried to delete the wifi router info and reconnecting from scratch. I am able to connect to the internet from the same wifi router with my iPhone and my windows 8 laptop so I know it is not a router issue.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Are you using the stock browser? Maybe you'd have more luck with a different browser. Have you tried connecting at a mobile hotspot?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Mine autoupdated but it broke my wifi. My wifi says it is connected and I get an IP address on my home network but I am unable to access the internet. Thus I am unable to get any more updates. Any idea on how I can fix this since I can no longer connect to the internet. I have tried hard reboots and soft reboots without success. I have not tried to delete the wifi router info and reconnecting from scratch. I am able to connect to the internet from the same wifi router with my iPhone and my windows 8 laptop so I know it is not a router issue.

Were you able to fix your problem? I have just bought the Dell Venue 8 16GB Wi-Fi 8in Black (Latest Model) 3830, I had a Lenovo A2109, but after many drops, and my grandson slamming it against walls, roads and whatever else he did to it, for almost two years the tablet died. I sent the tablet in for warranty last Saturday, today warranty company paid claim, So I bought the 8 inch Dell, a new cell phone, and a warranty for the cell phone all from the claim money.

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I have updated my venue 8 to kitkat, without any problems, have been running kitkat on it for sometime now, no problems.