Development Updates

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
This thread is for info regarding development progress, updates, or releases for the A2109. As these will all be works by authors other than me, I'll simply post links. Please don't ask any questions or raise issues regarding the products in the links. If you want to participate in the discussion, post in the original thread I link. If the authors choose to post here then we can post questions and so forth in that thread. If you see any of the authors online here, please don't ask them about the linked products on this forum. It's unfair to ask them to maintain discussions anywhere other than the board they post on. Feel free, though, to post links to anything you find that's happening in the community.

That said, here are the links to current A2109 development progress:
Development: Cyanogenmod 10 for the A2109 - Lenovo Community

mcl has just released a 1% battery mod for his ROM. It's a circular battery icon, with the % power remaining in the middle. Speaking of mcl's ROM, it's up to version MCL0103 (for ICS/4.0.4) now. Both are on this page:
A2109 - ROM - Stock, rooted, deodexed, crapware re... - Page 3 - Lenovo Community

mcl has updated his ROM (to 201) for Jelly Bean. See this post:
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ly-bean-rooted-deodexed-crapware-removed.html

The tireless mcl has built clockworkmod versions for both 4.0.4 (ICS) and 4.1.1 (JB). See this post:
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...259232.html?highlight=clockworkmod#post259232

I just published my guide to building and deploying a kernel to your tablet:
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/lenovo-ideatab-a2109/51856-howto-compile-deploy-kernel.html
I have more material that I'll post if there's interest.

XDA-Developers has just launched XDA-University. I've just taken a quick look, but it looks awesome! There are guides for some of the most frequent how-to requests we get. You have to check this out:
XDA-University | Helping You Learn Android Development -XDA-University

By the way, please help me keep this thread up-to-date. Post any developments in either Lenovo software or custom ROMs, kernels, tools, or even guides.

Last edited:

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
There's new content at XDA-University. This site looks great for novice developers.

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
Hello my fellow tablet owners, just tried to port another ROM , a paranandroid ROM, everything lines up until it flashes the set-perm lines in the updater scripts, so I guess I have some work to do:(:(:eek::eek:

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk HD

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Hello my fellow tablet owners, just tried to port another ROM , a paranandroid ROM, everything lines up until it flashes the set-perm lines in the updater scripts, so I guess I have some work to do:(:(:eek::eek:

How is the updater script in paranandroid ROM different than current updater script?

A lot of roms should be portable to this device.

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
Oh my, there's major differences, the whole ui of paranandroid is a combination of aosp, akop with the ability of changing the ui of individual apps to tablet,phablet and phone mode, it might be easier for me to try a CM10 ROM, if you can find a cm10 ROM, without an aroma installer, I could try a port, I have ported a few roms to my phone but it was far easier to get a base that matched my phones screen and functions.

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
Anybody one wants to help with a port of cm10, pm me. I have a port done but it won't boot, seems as thorough I can't gat a logcat:):(

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Anybody one wants to help with a port of cm10, pm me. I have a port done but it won't boot, seems as thorough I can't gat a logcat:):(

when you say wont boot please explain? what does this mean doesn't get off lenovo screen? bootloops?

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
when you say wont boot please explain? what does this mean doesn't get off lenovo screen? bootloops?

No goes through the lenovo splash screen without a hickup but it hangs on the boot screen, it could be the kernel which is not compatible but I am guessing

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
No goes through the lenovo splash screen without a hickup but it hangs on the boot screen, it could be the kernel which is not compatible but I am guessing

Ok so you you are using a secure kernel that doesn't allow adb, I can fix that, what device is the kernel from?

anika200

Dec 2, 2012

If you can not get a logcat then the kernel has not finished booting to init. You can check /tmp for log files or once you get it booted after nandroid restore you may be able to see something in dmesg, not sure though.

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
If you can not get a logcat then the kernel has not finished booting to init. You can check /tmp for log files or once you get it booted after nandroid restore you may be able to see something in dmesg, not sure though.

I am stuck nothing, without knowing why it isn't booting, well I am running around in the dark , but I do have a idea that the kernel is not flashing, that's from past experience. It would be so easy if there was a cm10 ROM out for a resent lenovo product, with a tegra 3 CPU, I am using a ROM from nexus 7 as a base:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::what::what::what::what::what::what::what::what:

anika200

Dec 2, 2012
I am stuck nothing, without knowing why it isn't booting, well I am running around in the dark , but I do have a idea that the kernel is not flashing, that's from past experience. It would be so easy if there was a cm10 ROM out for a resent lenovo product, with a tegra 3 CPU, I am using a ROM from nexus 7 as a base:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::what::what::what::what::what::what::what::what:

Nexus 7 Grouper? that is a good base to use. I am writing up a doc now on how to compile cm10 from source with lenovo proprietaries that will get you a CM10 ROM which will boot into the desktop but after that there are problems. It sounds like this will be a little closer than you are now. In the mean time please stop banging your head, you may need it later.

Last edited:

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
Yes, that's the ROM, the only one I could find that matched CPU:)