CM10 Thread Q&A

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
Why is it that the new update fails to flash on the 6.0.28 recovery? Does the updater-script need to be edited? I also tried the 6.0.30 recovery but you can't flash from the internal memory.
Can someone please post the edits if any to the script.

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
Why is it that the new update fails to flash on the 6.0.28 recovery? Does the updater-script need to be edited? I also tried the 6.0.30 recovery but you can't flash from the internal memory.
Can someone please post the edits if any to the script.

Have you tried to remove the first line in the updater script?
I will try it and see if it flashes
Just delete the first line in the updater script and it flashes fine even on our original jb recovery

Sent from my a2109a using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
Just takes awhile to boot, the splash screen hangs forever it seems, also works fine with vampirefo's cm10 kernel

Sent from my A2109A using Tapatalk HD

bytcrs

Dec 30, 2012
I've installed the latest cm10, but the music still seems to be playing fast even though I followed vampirefo. instruction on how he installed it.

doomboss

Jan 17, 2013
I've installed the latest cm10, but the music still seems to be playing fast even though I followed vampirefo. instruction on how he installed it.

The sound problem happen to me as well. I did the way Vampirefo did except that i didnt unmount cache. I installed the 6.0.30 CWM and install the newest CM10 build (the March 22nd one) without editing the script(well its not about the script but yeah im just mention it anyway :D) and I forgot to unmount cache again, but the sound problem still exists.

Last edited:

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
Slight speed issue with playing music, sounds like alvin and the chickmunks are back:D web surfing seems to be slightly slower too but the cm 10 rom is a huge step for the better

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

doomboss

Jan 17, 2013
What do you do when you have more then one backup and then you want to delete one? On mcl's recovery it backs up everything in a folder named blob and there is no distinct way to tell them apart , at least not to me. The folder in backup with the backup name is not the whole backup. If you look in it you'll notice that every file is almost empty. In the new 6.0.28 or what ever version it is, this is fixed. So now you can rename and keep more then one backup and delete the whole thing. It also has a cool feature when you reboot system to not flash a new recovery in case there is one in the ROM you flashed like in the stock ROM. Not sure if it works cause IDK who would make a ROM with the stock recovery in it but its cool its there if you want to go back to stock and not have to reflash your recovery.

Sorry I usually dont back up my ROM, so idk about this problem with the 6.0.19 CWM, but now I know :D
I updated to the newest CWM anyway, so I guess i wont encounter the problem you mention :p

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Sorry I usually dont back up my ROM, so idk about this problem with the 6.0.19 CWM, but now I know :D
I updated to the newest CWM anyway, so I guess i wont encounter the problem you mention :p

I do manual backups (tar), I use cw recovery for installing roms and providing adb in recovery.

busybox tar -cvf /sdcard2/backup/lenovo_jb_system.tar /system
busybox tar -cvf /sdcard2/backup/lenovo_jb_data.tar /data

doomboss

Jan 17, 2013
I do manual backups (tar), I use cw recovery for installing roms and providing adb in recovery.

Ohh so those are the codes to back up the ROM!! Thank you for the information, good to know! :D

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012

Is that to the external sdcard?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Is that to the external sdcard?

Yes, you can change the paths and file names to suite you.

busybox tar -cvf /sdcard2/backup/lenovo_cm10_system.tar /system

busybox tar -cvf /sdcard2/backup/lenovo_Phablet5_system.tar /system

busybox tar -cvf /sdcard2/backup/lenovo_2110_system.tar /system