Did I brick mt Craig ?

kawal

Mar 23, 2011
Maybe I am asking too many simple questions but I want to be sure that it is not my fault due to user error. The tablet seems to work well when I leave it on with the screen turned off. Is this the normal way to make these work well or should I be turning these of completely including the power switch to off position ? When I keep them running this way I have no issue turning them on after charging. I am guessing this will drain the battery much faster but I am not sure.

Rohn123

Mar 19, 2011
You may need to flash the firmware from you PC....it is a step by step process. Not complicated but you need a PC with XP so you can install an upgrade program and then load the firmware from it...
Follow these steps patiently. This has worked for me several times since the unit would not start and thus could not get to the factory install page. This also works if you just need to update the firmware to 2.2. You are in effect install the driver from your PC with XP via the USB making the Craig a drive. Good luck!

The Byte Bin - Restoring and Upgrading The Craig CMP738a Tablet Data and ROM

Rohn
http://bytebin.net/cmp738a/restore.html

Last edited:

Rohn123

Mar 19, 2011
You may need to flash the firmware from you PC....it is a step by step process. Not complicated but you need a PC with XP so you can install an upgrade program and then load the firmware from it...
Follow these steps patiently. This has worked for me several times since the unit would not start and thus could not get to the factory install page. This also works if you just need to update the firmware to 2.2. You are in effect install the driver from your PC with XP via the USB making the Craig a drive. Good luck!

The Byte Bin - Restoring and Upgrading The Craig CMP738a Tablet Data and ROM

Deter

Jun 16, 2011
Maybe I am asking too many simple questions but I want to be sure that it is not my fault due to user error. The tablet seems to work well when I leave it on with the screen turned off. Is this the normal way to make these work well or should I be turning these of completely including the power switch to off position ? When I keep them running this way I have no issue turning them on after charging. I am guessing this will drain the battery much faster but I am not sure.

I am seeing the exact same issue with my 2nd Craig that I got from CVS. After power off, unit will randomly not power on unless usb port power or 20+ seconds of power cord is plugged in & out even on a full charge. I immediately rooted the firmware to 4.3.7 so I don't know if the problem only occurred afterward.
My first Craig would not turn on Wi-Fi, now the second can take forever or tricks to start. So far that 0 for 2, are there defective batches of these units? (Please don't reply you get what you pay for, I realize it is cheap)
Before I try a third unit and take the time to root & re-install apps I'd like to confirm that this is just defective hardware and not related to the root. Did you ever find a fix?