Dilemma of where to buy...

showson1

Jan 17, 2011
Ugg.. here's my issue.
I was all set to buy the tab on Verizon as they have the best data plan options and it's the cheapest off contract, but then found out about the crippled Bluetooth and can imagine that I will (at some point) want to use a Bluetooth Keyboard... for the same reason, the Sprint version is out as well.

That leaves me with AT&T and T-mobile.
It looks like on T-mobile you can't get it without a contract and these tablets will be near obsolete in two years so don't want to be locked into a contract.
On AT&T you can get with a month to month, but it seems there are only two data options.. 200MB and 2GB plans.. plus it's $550 ($50 more than Verizon).

I guess in typing this out my only real option is to spend the extra $50 and get the AT&T one, but does anyone see any options I'm missing with the AT&T and T-mobile plans?

Thanks for any info.

-- update --
I just checked Costco and they have it for $449 on Verizon.. so now I have to decide if it's worth $100 to be able to use a Bluetooth keyboard.. hmm.. I'm thinking it's not. ;)

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2010
Have you checked out buying one through HSN? That's where I got mine in December and was one of the first to receive it, December 4th. I've had zero regrets buying it through them and love having the cost broken down into 4 units. Now, I think it's only two payments but you still get a VISA card rebate of $250.00 once activated with Sprint. My bluetooth works beautifully.

pikapp168

Jan 20, 2011
Verizon has it for 399$ month to month at Best Buy. Plus I'm sure you could just root it to solve the problem.

Androyd

Jan 27, 2011
so now I have to decide if it's worth $100 to be able to use a Bluetooth keyboard.. hmm.. I'm thinking it's not. ;)
Tell us, what are you planning to use the BT keyboard for?

Depending on where your contacts currently reside, you can just sync them to your tablet. No excessive typing is necessary. If you are planning on entering all your calendar information, again (depending on where they currently reside), sync them to the tablet.

In other words, you can do all the typing legwork on a PC (with a regular keyboard) and have all that data sync'ed/copied to your tablet.

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Tell us, what are you planning to use the BT keyboard for?

Depending on where your contacts currently reside, you can just sync them to your tablet. No excessive typing is necessary. If you are planning on entering all your calendar information, again (depending on where they currently reside), sync them to the tablet.

In other words, you can do all the typing legwork on a PC (with a regular keyboard) and have all that data sync'ed/copied to your tablet.

I think the OP is just referring to other posts on the forum that imply that Verizon cripples the bluetooth capability of the tab for anything other than data transfer (e.g., moving pics) and audio devices. That means that the option to use bluetooth peripherals such as a keyboard are not supported. Sprint, AT&T, and T-mobile don't have this limitation on bluetooth. You ask why a BT keyboard would ever be needed: A friend of mine is taking a cross country motorcycle trip and the BT keyboard/tablet combo allows him to have a lightweight means to blog about the trip while on the road where he will not have access to even a laptop. Let's face it, virtual keyboards are fine for short emails and texting, but for longer text entries an external keyboard is essential. I think the tablet revolution is in full swing and accessories like foldable BT keyboards will help them supplant netbooks and even laptops for road warriors.