Does anyone have a Archos 80 G9 TURBO Android Tablet yet?

bjy20716

Nov 7, 2011
Does anyone have a Archos 80 G9 TURBO Android Tablet yet? How do you like it? Would you recommend others to purchase one? Does it have any Wifi issues?

Thanks

Jiggasonic

Dec 14, 2011
Howdy Yes i bought mine just few Days ago, i am really surprised The Archos is very fast, Standby of Battery is very good. I found only two things. 1. What also some People told about the Waves on the Screen if you press near the 3G Cover2. No Adhoc Connection possible even teh WLan Card is able to do this, unfortunately i didn't found a Way to Enter the Device as Root to change the necessary Things.All Instructions in the Internet didn't work, fail to use the ADB cause it didn't find any Devices. Used the Original Drivers from Archos and they wrote how to add Archos to adb...ini unfortunately there is not such a File with adb.....ini :-(IF you have any Questions just ask- Michael -

louisvdbos

Dec 29, 2011
Hi jiggasonic
For getting your archos rooted you have to go to xda-developers.com
In forum for archos g8 and g9 there is everything you need.
I did root my archos 101 G9 16 GB turbo by reading all kinda comments there.
And for the main subject i love my archos very much no problems at all.
If you wanna know something about just let me try to help you!!

Greetings Louis

Sent from my rooted ARCHOS 101G9 using Android Tablet Forum

louisvdbos

Dec 29, 2011
Oh and i dont have any wifi issues at all

Sent from my rooted ARCHOS 101G9 using Android Tablet Forum

Andu

Jun 18, 2011
Got my 80 G8 a couple of days ago and there are no issues with the screen distorting no matter how hard you push on the back (funny thing was that the display model in the same shop showed the defect!). Its very quick and the screen quality is really good. No issues with wifi, although to be honest I have only connected to my home router, but reception is on par with my laptop. For the money its a really good buy.

rsantos310

Jan 27, 2012
i just recently bought the 80 G9 250GB Turbo. as soon as i got the unit i update the latest firmware, suddenly the screen became totally unresponsive. i did the instruction that was emailed to me by archos tech support but still same result. does anyone knows what else to do? im getting frustrated. :(

Andu

Jun 18, 2011
i just recently bought the 80 G9 250GB Turbo. as soon as i got the unit i update the latest firmware, suddenly the screen became totally unresponsive. i did the instruction that was emailed to me by archos tech support but still same result. does anyone knows what else to do? im getting frustrated. :(

Did you try this:-

If your ARCHOS does not respond correctly or does not start properly, you can try to remedy this situation with a system recovery. Be very careful with this as there are options to erase all the data on your device.
[h=3]TO ENTER INTO THE RECOVERY SCREEN[/h] - Turn off the device and wait 10 seconds.
- Press and hold the volume + button while powering on the device.
- Keep the volume + pressed until the Recovery mode starts (white screen).
- To move from one option to another, use the volume buttons. To select an option, press the ON/OFF button.
[h=3]RECOVERY MODE OPTIONS[/h]No: Cancels the system recovery.
Update firmware: Allows you to connect your device to a computer in order to copy the latest .AOS file (operating system) to your device and then install it.
Repair System: Attempts to repair the file structure on the internal memory. This does not erase any data.
No: Return to main recovery screen.
Force Touchscreen Calibration: Select this, set your device down, start the calibration, and don't touch it. It will re-calibrate the screen. After the calibration is complete, select No to leave the recovery screen.
Check Disk: Check and repair the system partition if damaged.
Start USB MSC: Allows you to connect your device to a PC to access the internal memory.
Format System: Formats the internal memory. All data (music, photos, videos, etc.), applications and settings are erased.

gastro

Mar 21, 2012
Ordered the 80 g9 8gig model and recieved the 80 g9 16gig Turbo model instead so cannot really complain about that. Not had any issues with it yet (only had it 2 weeks) (touch wood)
Had a Samsung Galaxy S phone for 18 months so loads of apps and games to try and a lot of them work

fostmike

Mar 30, 2012
The thing I like about the Archos tablets is that they have a focus on media playback, it's annoying on other tablets when they can't handle some or many of the codecs. Other than that they are cheaper, not so sure about the build quality though.