Does your 7024 Freeze / Crash fairly often?

mrnobones

Jun 4, 2011
Mine seems to. Usually in the middle of web browsing, but occasionally on other apps too. Screen freeze, unresponsive, then turns itself off. Not often enough to make me want to send it back but just often enough to be annoying when it happens.

GoldPimp

May 26, 2011
What types of site if you dont mind me asking, are they heavy flash loaded or anything like that. What browser are you using? I have had mine freeze maybe once or twice but only when im really loading it down with apps or when trying to access a heavy flash site in desktop mode.

colnago

May 18, 2011
Mine only freezes when I try to do too many things. I've never had it crash, but I'll sometimes manually reset power if it freezes for too long. I did go into my browser options and told it to only run add-ins when needed (mostly, this was as a test for Flash-based sites).

My biggest problem is that when I run Netflix, it kills my wireless router. Even my other PCs lose their wireless connection, and I'll have to cycle power on the router, and kill the Netflix app. Still working on figuring that one out.

mrnobones

Jun 4, 2011
Doesnt seem to be linked to any particular thing. It will turn itself off just sitting doing nothing pretty often. Maybe I got a lemon?

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Are you running any task manager, cachemate or a-tap1 cleaners..
Are your tablets rooted?

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
my 7024 only hangs on me once when i tried flash. seems like after using it i'm losing memory everytime i use flash. so i just set it to run on-demand using my dolphin browser. other than that its working great.

colnago

May 18, 2011
flxrms,

Which Dolphin browser are you using, HD or Mini? Do you like it? Would you recommend it? Have you tried others?

mrnobones,

How's your wireless signal? Mine bounces between one and three bars on the icon at the top, but mostly settles in at two bars. If I shift my legs, it drops, so I have to watch how I'm holding the Coby. Mine doesn't seem to like life if its wireless signal is too low. Does anyone know if there's a way to boost the power to the wireless device? I'll probably try to remount my wireless router this weekend, and see if that helps things out.

th0mb0y

May 2, 2011
My first 7024 had this same exact problem. Return it. It will ony get worse. The Coby rep even told me that there was nothing I could do if it is shutting itself off.

Ray50

Apr 24, 2011
My 8024 has not crashed yet however I have only had it a few days...

I also like Dolphin HD but I have had it hang if I tell it the clear cache and history?? Maybe it is slow and I just need to wait and not force close when asked. It is the browser I use because it was easy to set from 'mobile' to 'desktop' mode which I like better.

Wifi is a little odd....to get an IP address assigned quickly I need to be near (10') my (cheap) wireless router. If I am 20' away it still will connect but takes a couple of minutes. If I am upstairs and at the opposite end of the house (bed room) it will NOT connect. The odd thing is once I am connected I can go back upstairs and I keep the signal at 1 bar BUT it works fine. (I was using a Zund HD which could connect in the upstairs bed room but would also keep loosing the signal and reconnecting)

OK it WILL connect upstairs at the opposite end of the house as the router....just needed to give it a extra couple of minutes (2 games of cards not one...lol)

Last edited:

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
i use Dolphin HD and Opera Mini. I'm using an old linksys 54g(tomato firmware) and a 9dbi antenna so i don't have any problem with my wifi. I actually use my 7024 as a torrent downloader using ttorrent.

mrnobones

Jun 4, 2011
also I'm using the stock browser and have had absolutely no issues with wifi reception.

jaymac426

Jun 9, 2011
I think they have issues with certain units. The first one I got was flakey out of the box. Had to use external reset to get it to boot up first time, then it would hang every 10-15 minutes or so to where it would shut itself off. I returned it via Amazon's supplier after about 5 days of that and the replacement, while coming from an already opened box has been rock solid and has never locked up (yet).

mrnobones

Jun 4, 2011
My re-order replacement shipped today. I liked the device fundamentally when it was not freezing and turning itself off lol