Dolphin Browser= Hulu Plus and More!

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
I love this browser! Just go into settings and change the user agent to "Desktop" and not only can you watch Hulu Plus, but Amazon Video too! Both work like a charm! I'm so pleased I think I'm going to spring for Amazon Prime now to get the free streaming. Their library is HUGE.

Thank you Dolphin! :D

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I love it when a plan comes together...
Amazon Prime seems pretty cool, the savings on shipping alone make it a great deal.....of course, brilliant of Amazon to put this together.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Don't you have to have Dolphin HD also?

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Android Tablet Forum

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
I use Dolphin HD. I don't know if the other versions of Dolphin work but if they let you change the agent I imagine they would.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Two questions- Where do you change user settings. I culd not find anywhere to access settings on the browser. Any idea why it will not let me sign in to iGoogle?

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
click the bottowm left corner where you have the gesture input, you should see a gear touch that and look for dolphin settings and then user agent

Two questions- Where do you change user settings. I culd not find anywhere to access settings on the browser. Any idea why it will not let me sign in to iGoogle?

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Cool, thanks. :)

motorbreath

Jan 2, 2012
I'm still having trouble getting this to work. I've tried before, so when I saw this post thought I'd try again. I get the message "Unfortunately Hulu is not supported on your platform. Blah blah blah.." Any ideas?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Tablet Forum

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
I'm still having trouble getting this to work. I've tried before, so when I saw this post thought I'd try again. I get the message "Unfortunately Hulu is not supported on your platform. Blah blah blah.." Any ideas?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Tablet Forum

Like the first post says, you need to change the user agent to Desktop by going into Dolphin's settings. It works fine after that.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I cannot watch Hulu (not sure about Plus) using this method. (and yes, my Dolphin is s et to Desktop UAstring) The Flash still has a user agent setting that reports it as a mobile platform. Some folks at XDA have hacked it to work. It you must too to install it.
What I did find that works well is the app "Flash Video Browser" for $0.99 USD from the market. Works great on my tablet.

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
It works for me. I don't know why, but it does. I can watch Hulu and Amazon Videos. I saw that Flash Video Browser app but don't know much about it.

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
I don't know what to tell you. It worked for me after I changed the agent to desktop. I have CM7.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I cannot watch Hulu (not sure about Plus) using this method. (and yes, my Dolphin is s et to Desktop UAstring) The Flash still has a user agent setting that reports it as a mobile platform. Some folks at XDA have hacked it to work. It you must too to install it.
What I did find that works well is the app "Flash Video Browser" for $0.99 USD from the market. Works great on my tablet.

Thank you, Fredereuco ,this method works for both my nook and my galaxy note.....I'll go to the browser to thank you properly! :)

Samsung Galaxy Note