Driver installation issues on Windows 7 32-bit

S.Jack

Oct 30, 2010
I am having issues trying to install the driver for the GenTouch 78 tablet so I can get the update working. I have tried the stock Augen driver, the Motorola driver, the Samsung Driver, PDAnet (refuses to install, claims I don't have a valid device). Windows always claims that the best driver is Unknown Device.

When I try to install the drivers directly Windows claims that the 'The INF you have selected does not support this method of installation". And when trying to browse and select the driver manually it claims that the driver does not support my hardware. The closest I have come is the Motorola drivers, as they install directly into windows so I can force them to be selected. But none of the Motorola options 4 work with my hardware. About the only thing I haven't tried is installing the Android SDK.

Any ideas or is this thing just broke?

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
I am having issues trying to install the driver for the GenTouch 78 tablet so I can get the update working. I have tried the stock Augen driver, the Motorola driver, the Samsung Driver, PDAnet (refuses to install, claims I don't have a valid device). Windows always claims that the best driver is Unknown Device.

When I try to install the drivers directly Windows claims that the 'The INF you have selected does not support this method of installation". And when trying to browse and select the driver manually it claims that the driver does not support my hardware. The closest I have come is the Motorola drivers, as they install directly into windows so I can force them to be selected. But none of the Motorola options 4 work with my hardware. About the only thing I haven't tried is installing the Android SDK.

Any ideas or is this thing just broke?

Use this one for 32-bit Windows 7

S.Jack

Oct 30, 2010
I have tried the PDANet 32 bit drivers, did not work. It does not detect a valid device during the installation and un-install's itself.