'droid tablet to use outside

pengyou

Aug 6, 2011
I am thinking of buying an inexpensive 7" tablet to allow myself to become familiar with a tablet and to help me realize that a tablet can really do and how it might fit into my life. I would like to get a tablet with gps so that I can mount it on my motor scooter and use it to direct me. I read somewhere that the best screens for indoor use are not very useful for outdoor use. Is there some kind of screen technology that I should look for that is better for out door use? Would one of the "black and white" kindles be better for outdoor use? Any input is appreciated.

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Hi, wecome to the forum. For info on tabs & advice you should try the android q& a pages or android tablet discussions. We cannot answer you here as it is a welcom page only. Try writing this post again in one of the other pages. You'll get lots of advice no doubt.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi pengyou, welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android tablets. The best place on the forum for "shopping" information and recommendations is the Android Tablet Discussions section. I'm going to move all three of your threads over there for you so folks can discuss your tablet requirements with you and hopefully make some suggestions. Good luck!

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Dunno about which screen is best but there are plenty out thtere 7" size with gps/3g built in.even phone capability. I would imagine you'll need some sort of protection if you're using out doors, especially on a scooter! Its gonna take a lot of bouncing about so 1st id look for a very stable & reliable device with that in mind. Electronics and poor weather don't mix well either. So weather protection might get in the way of visibility. This is a tough question you're asking really unless there's some people out there who like testing the limits of their tablets capabilities. It'll be interesting to see results of your search.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet